Notifications
Clear all

CarDongle doesn't start Infiniti qx50 2021!

pitbee04
(@pitbee04)

Hello, I have Infiniti qx50 2021 with latest updates and Android auto, I wrote to support but no respond, I waited for my cardongle for 6 Months now and when it finally arrived I can't make it work, the light on it turns steady blue and everything looks as it should but nothing happens on the screen, I have 2 touch screens in my car. Can anyone suggest any fix or help??? Thank you.

Topic starter Posted : 04/11/2021 8:37 pm
bosaad
(@bosaad)
Eminent Member

If you get CD 1.0v there is a new update for it. You can use Mirroid to update...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2021 5:16 pm
pitbee04
(@pitbee04)

Where do I get it?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/11/2021 1:18 pm
shaq1nj
(@shaq1nj)

Before updating the firmware, could you try getting the dongle to work on your Windows computer using Mirroid?

After that, could you try logging in to Play Store with your Google account and then updating the installed apps, such as YouTube? I tried updating Android Auto app, but I couldn’t find the option. However, Play Store did let me open the app! Then, when I opened it, I saw the CarDongle startup boot screen! After that, Android Auto started installing/updating a few apps. One app kept failing to update: Google Maps. Therefore, I closed Android Auto and tried to update Google Maps manually using Play Store. That worked! After that, I opened Android Auto app again and I was able to proceed to the next screen! I could now see the default Android Auto screen with the time. I then unplugged the dongle from my laptop and plugged it into my car. The dongle worked!!!! I then tried unplugging and replugging it about 5 times and it worked every single time! WOOHOO!!! I was able to get it working at last!

Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. I can assist you as best as I can.

Take care!
Shahzore

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2021 6:26 am
peterazer
(@peterazer)

Shahzore i dont know what to tell you. You are just a life saver. So in short after all the hostel with this campaign and the waiting that took over 8 month. Finally i got my CD.. Started to test in the car then i got error then another car same thing. I was sure that i read everything before i order. With no Luck i used it as a paper wait. Since there is no support form them and google had no answers or references. I emailed them today with no hope. Then i decided to go through the foram and i found your reply. Followed your steps and all worked perfectly and now it runs in the car.
So now for other people to know i have a grand cherokee 2018 with uconnect.
GUYS and who ever had the start up issue in the car. Just follow Shahzore guide. it worked for me after i was gonna through the cardongle in the garbage, its back to life in the car.
One more thing just google MIRROID and u will find the website to download
Thanks again

CARDONGLE guys please update or add a manual to the box not all the people can read minds. And save the frustration of all the people who r havinf issues. Dont get me wrong i appreciate the campaign and the product is really great. Just missing support.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2021 7:35 am
pitbee04
(@pitbee04)

Thanks for all the replies, you've been life savers guys! Car dongle support, you suck! Haven't got a single reply from you for the past month, add f@#ing manual to the box about Mirroid and etc.! For everyone else, before the first use in the car google MIRROID and download it then plug in your CD to your PC and start the M, open hot spot on your phone and connect CD to it through the M, then go to settings and upgrade to the latest firmware, cause sometimes they sent you CD with old version that won't work in some cars, then when you connect back to your car IMPORTANT: if you get error message DON'T CLICK "close this app", cause it will shut down CD manager, just hit the screen to the side anywhere to close the pop up, do it like that every timr and you should be good, in case you did close the app and your CD won't start anymore, connect it back to your PC through M, go to settings and factory reset the CD then try connecting again and repeat the process above, I almost threw out my CD as well cause of this little issue until I figured it out. Goog luck to all, great product BTW but support is the worst and NO MANUAL!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/11/2021 2:13 pm
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

There will be a new OTA upgrade coming this Friday. Android Auto 6.0 certificate is being updated on CD.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 2:58 am
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Android lovers who wanted to innovate the way Android is used in modern day vehicles.

Where To Buy

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!