Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] CarDongle Car PC Compatibility Thread

Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

CarDongle will work with any car stereo that has Android Auto and a touchscreen.

Topic starter Posted : 01/10/2020 3:28 pm
andrewcj
(@andrewcj)

Please remove Mazda3 2019 from the compatibility list - this vehicle does not have a touch screen but uses controller wheel/buttons to navigate in Android Auto

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 8:01 am
wavd
 wavd
(@wavd)

Hi,

My car (Citroen C5 Aircross) has a Android Auto media unit, but also car controls like ventilation are controlled -only- at the display unit. When I use CarDroid, will I still be able to control these settings?

--W

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2020 11:11 am
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hello,

To control those things you would need to exit CarDroid...

Hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/11/2020 12:16 am
misaki.pl24
(@misaki-pl24)

Where I can find list of supported cars?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/12/2020 9:05 am
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hello,

As long as your Car Stereo has Android Auto factory installed, then you can use Cardongle.

Hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2021 10:08 am
jimmykhu
(@jimmykhu)

Hi, will the cardongle work with Mini Cooper infotainment? It's the same iDrive system as BMW. The factory only installs CarDrive and not AndroidAuto. Although some BMW cars are getting AndroidAuto installed over-the-air. But not Mini

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2021 5:00 pm
bhushanahire
(@bhushanahire)

Is there a way to setup dongle in PC and the use it in card with car controls and not with Touch controls?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2021 2:42 am
brandonr
(@brandonr)

Works great in my 2020 Toyota C-HR (US)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2021 6:56 am
Ansu82
(@ansu82)

Car dongle not working.
I completed all the steps trying to get the car dongle to work on my 2019 Lincoln MKC. My car is listed as compatible and I have no problem using Android Auto by connecting through USB cable to my phone.
The car dongle is working by connecting through PC.
In case it is gonna be said that I don't have Android Auto factory build that that's incorrect. I'm showing the Android Auto icon and as stated before it's working with my phone with no issues

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2021 4:09 pm
Fullmetal2k
(@fullmetal2k)

I just received my CD and have tried it but it seems to need an update I believe, my headunit on my Honda Pilot 2019 doesn't connect to it. When plugged in the CD starts to boot up, my screen starts like it's about to load then I get a message saying waiting for user, when safe, complete the action on your device. After a few seconds then it says no android auto device detected. Please advise

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2021 8:01 pm
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Android lovers who wanted to innovate the way Android is used in modern day vehicles.

Where To Buy

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!