For those of us who currently have the v1.0 device and are wanting the v1.5 device when it is released, I guess this is the only way to get that started. I'd add a comment if you are a current backer that has a v1 device, but wants the v1.5 device with functioning GPS. Or, if you are a backer that is currently waiting for any CD to be delivered and don't care about the GPS side of things, then comment as well.
I'll get it started - v1 up for grabs, I'll wipe it and have the original box for shipment. We'll just need to figure out the back end with the actual CarDongle team in regards to how to ship it out. Of note, I am in Canada, so shipping to the US, or within Canada would be best.
It wouldn't be a purchase, I'd simply take your place in waiting for a v1.5 - assuming you are a current backer waiting for one.
Oh my bad, I thought this was for people to sell their 1.0s. Sorry i read it wrong. If i had a 1.0 and it worked fine i would be keeping it. How bad do you need the gps to work flawless? There is already a work around for the problem where you download two different bluetooth gps programs (one for the phone other one for the dongle) and both devices just communicate to each other.
I only have one USB port in my car, and having so much running on my phone drains it rather quickly on the long 3/4 hr drives I purchased this for. So it's either I plug my phone in to charge, or I plug the CD in to use that, I can't do both.
Lately I just plug my phone in and use straight Android Auto. The fully working GPS was the only reason I purchased the device. The other "features" was just a plus. Of course I don't know if these are lasting any longer then 15min playing a video before they shut down due to heat. I've never used mine for video yet to test that out.
Well give'er a shot and run some video and lets see how it behaves. Orrrr are you afraid of wounding up frying the thing? lol