Notifications
Clear all

GPS is inaccurate/not working

Page 4 / 8
srikanth007m
(@srikanth007m)

How about the sim slot given in the CarDongle unit? Did anyone tried insert a working sim to check if latches to signal and able to get the accurate GPS.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2021 4:19 am
Space_Bison
(@space_bison)
Eminent Member

Outside temp was +2C. Inside the vehicle it was probably +5-6 C as I had sat with it off for about 30 minutes. Actually had it attached to an USB extension with the CD hanging from my mirror so I could see the colour rings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2021 4:40 am
Ultimateinternet
(@ultimateinternet)

Maybe crack one open and add heatsinks and copper to the chips?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2021 1:02 pm
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

The March 20 firmware will allow you to mirror your phone GPS to the CarDongle screen....

The GPS mirroring feature will only work for Android phones and will only mirror GPS at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2021 12:00 am
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

GPS mirroring APK.

This is very BETA: http://cardongle.co/forums/topic/cardongle-gps-mirroring-apk-beta-apk-for-android-phones-only/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 9:21 am
andrea.paluzzi
(@andrea-paluzzi)

Someone tried this update?

Does the GPS mirroring works?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 3:52 pm
mjh43537
(@mjh43537)

Received my unit 03/10 and I can confirm that GPS is not working.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 9:13 pm
aaronh10299
(@aaronh10299)
Trusted Member

mjh43537 have you updated to the new firmware? Have you installed the GPS mirroring apk?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 11:26 pm
mjh43537
(@mjh43537)

The unit updated when installed in my vehicle – I assume this was a firmware upgrade.

Per the GPS Mirroring, from your own forum:

This is a very BETA apk for mirroring GPS from your phone to the CarDongle Screen.

We recommend waiting for the official release via OTA update.

Are you now recommending not waiting for the March 20 update?????????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 12:59 am
jerwam
(@jerwam)
Trusted Member

The APK needs the new firmware to work anyways. The settings mentioned in the post aren't currently there.

The APK also needs to be installed on your android phone, which I assume will allow the CarDongle to access the GPS while the app is running.

No word on what permissions the app needs, or what it actually does, hopefully we'll get that closer to the release of the firmware.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 1:14 am
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

There will be a new OTA update today for the GPS mirroring feature

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2021 2:32 am
stefano
(@stefano)
Eminent Member

Il file apk che c'è su DRIVE non è installabile sullo smartphone,lo apre come testo . Se poi lo vado ad aprire nel menu mi da sempre il testo e non l'app da installare, perché?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2021 10:14 am
mjh43537
(@mjh43537)

I haven't been able to download any OTA Firmware update but I have another issue. When the CD connects wirelessly via bluetooth tether, whatever is playing on the radio is cut off and only sound from the CD is heard. Today I heard it give one directive to turn at the next right, then it disconnected, GPS signal lost, etc., but no return to what was playing on the radio. I hope this isn't another 'glitch' and can be solved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2021 9:00 pm
jarredduq
(@jarredduq)
Eminent Member

Is firmware update still coming today?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2021 11:03 pm
ttlycnfuzd
(@ttlycnfuzd)
Eminent Member

Can confirm with new update and GPS app that the CarDongle does get a GPS position in Maps and Waze... ~ish.

Didn't seem to detect me moving, but I only briefly tested. Will have to do more testing later today, but it seems like we're on a good step forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2021 1:37 pm
Page 4 / 8
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Android lovers who wanted to innovate the way Android is used in modern day vehicles.

Where To Buy

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!