Notifications
Clear all

GPS is inaccurate/not working

Page 6 / 8
andrea.paluzzi
(@andrea-paluzzi)

@Tommy: as I told, after the OTA update, the devices didn't boot up. As you told me, I flashed my cardongle via Mirroid with 16th March firmware.
Now the devices boot up well.

GPS mirroring is ok in Waze.
In Google Maps, GPS is ok on the map but, when the car starts to move, the position doesn't change. Also Navigator doesn't work.

Now I am satisfied of CarDongle. The devices works and I can do a lot of things that it's impossible using standard Android Auto.

For a complete satisfation, you should fix the problem with Google Maps/Google Navigator.

Is it planned for the next firmware update?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 12:16 pm
stefano
(@stefano)
Eminent Member

A me Waze funziona benissimo disabilitando il mirroring GPS dell' ultimo aggiornamento con GPS 4dongle sul tel attivato e connesso,in pratica con l'ultimo update non si è risolto nulla per me. Infatti sto utilizzando il CD con le vecchie impostazioni ,che sono le uniche che mi fanno funzionare Waze in modo impeccabile.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 12:51 pm
stefano
(@stefano)
Eminent Member

A me invece con la funzione mirroring attivata e l'app sul tel collegata al CD, Waze mi perde ed è alla continua ricerca di segnale GPS. Se disattivo il mirroring e riavvio Waze ritorna a funzionare ottimamente, tu come hai configurato ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 1:05 pm
andrea.paluzzi
(@andrea-paluzzi)

Ho fatto un hard reset tramite mirroid installando il firmware del 16 marzo.
Poi attivato l'opzione del mirroring GPS e l'app sul telefonino.
Quindi tutto come dice Tommy.

A me Waze va perfettamente. Sia navigazione, che posizione sulla mappa, che velocità dell'auto da GPS.

Google maps, che io preferisco come navigatore, invece non va proprio. Trova la posizione ma appena l'auto si muove, perde la posizione.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 1:48 pm
stefano
(@stefano)
Eminent Member

Ok , quindi mi consigli di fare un hard reset per poi riconfigurare tutto da capo ? Ad ogni modo a me Waze funziona benissimo disabilitando l'opzione di mirroring GPS , e Maps non va comunque in tutti e due i casi 🤔

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 1:54 pm
andrea.paluzzi
(@andrea-paluzzi)

Che ti dico... ora ha poco senso perché alla fine il risultato è lo stesso.
Se fanno un nuovo aggiornamento che mi fa andare anche Maps con il mirroring allora magari si

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 1:58 pm
andrea.paluzzi
(@andrea-paluzzi)

Preciso che l'hard reset chiaramente non è stato fatto con mirroid ma tramite il software per il flash

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 2:00 pm
stefano
(@stefano)
Eminent Member

Certo lo farei da menu impostazioni android, ma in effetti non ha molto senso...aspetto il prox update e vedremo..intanto funziona Waze e tutto quello che mi serve per la multimedialita'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 2:31 pm
mjh43537
(@mjh43537)

I ran the Firmware update today and it installed properly. I am using the GPS4Dongle app on my Android phone and it sows 'connected'. Once configured and a destination selection is made it's still 'searching for GPS' and never functions. If i power the unit up while driving (not safe) the first directive to 'Turn at...' is heard then all functioning stops. GPS signal lost. The funny Korean error message no longer appears. Also, as I mentioned before, whatever is on my radio stops playing when the CD is connected. Not a good tradeoff for using this device.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 9:02 pm
aaronh10299
(@aaronh10299)
Trusted Member

Man, reading all these comments makes me not want to update my Dongle...only problem I have is GPS and I'd rather use my phone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 9:29 pm
stefano
(@stefano)
Eminent Member

Quindi hai fatto tramite SPFL con l'opzione wipe + download ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 7:42 am
vlada011
(@vlada011)

Did you guys tried any of GPS testing apps.
I tried many of them and neither one can get fix or anything else.
Tried same app on other devices with well known bad GPS and extremely slow fix and they are working.
I'm starting to suspect does this device have GPS chip at all.
Would be nice that some of admins confirm existence of chip.
BTW I left device outdoors for few hours and guess what.
No GPS fix.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 9:46 am
AP756
(@ap756)
Trusted Member

CarDongle is equipped with a Mediatek MT6765 processor (Helio P35). According to Mediatek this SOC has integrated support for Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS and QZSS. If someone can't find a satellite signal its most likely a wrong data set and/or a non-fitted or wrong designed ariel. For the ariel this would be found on quality check, even with a wrong design there should be a sign of signal left. Therefor I think first initialisation is wrong.

First of all set a proper location and a correct time in CarDongle! Use ""hidden settings for Android" or any other program to start the Android settings. Now you can adjust time zone and location. To reset the GPS settings download e.g. "GPS reset" from playstore (sorry about the adversiting), reset all setting (reinitialize GPS), go to a place where you can see the sky and most likely your GPS will get a signal within 5-10 minutes.

Let's make an example: If you are sent to the Maldives islands you cannot expect to see any iceberg, having wrong time and location your CarDongle can't see the satellites it expects...

My two cents, bye for now Fred

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 1:44 pm
eng3
 eng3
(@eng3)

Exactly, no quality check of GPS in a moving car.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 5:24 pm
Space_Bison
(@space_bison)
Eminent Member

AP756, I tried those exact steps and had the following issues:
First I reset the time zone to my proper location using hidden settings and then rebooted. After reboot I checked the time settings via the CD system settings app and found they had not changed. Maybe their settings override Googles?

At the same time I installed the GPS Reset app (or one of them). To test it out I took it to the car and parked it in a clear spot and then ran "reset" the CD found zero satellites after sitting for 10 minutes.

I also just happened to notice that the Indiegogo page now has removed built in GPS as a feature and instead it says "GPS - Navigation works via Android Phone Screen Mirroring (firmware update coming March 20)." Guess the only way to use for navigation will be through the mirroring, which works on a couple of apps for me at least.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 11:28 pm
Page 6 / 8
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Android lovers who wanted to innovate the way Android is used in modern day vehicles.

Where To Buy

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!