Notifications
Clear all

Quick question with phone

Shanedollar1975
(@shanedollar1975)

Got my dongle yesterday and absolutely love it . One simple ignorant question I cannot get my phone to pair to anything. Do I need to do a reset and if so how, what setting can I change. When I Try to connect my phone to the Bluetooth of my jetta it says that the dongle is already connected with android auto. Stupid question unsure but I really appreciate some help.

Topic starter Posted : 13/03/2021 6:26 pm
jarredduq
(@jarredduq)
Eminent Member

Unfortunately, your car may be similar to my 2017 Chevy Bolt that does not allow multiple Bluetooth connections. When I plug in the CarDongle, it pops up on my screen that it is going to disconnect from my phone to connect to the CarDongle.

At this point, I've resorted to using my old fashioned Bluetooth headset, or disconnect the CarDongle to use the phone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 6:49 pm
Shanedollar1975
(@shanedollar1975)

Think there's a possible fix coming with a firmware upgrade by chance? This is made that no other Cardongle is going to work as well? This sucks because I'm in sales and him all my phone 90% of the day

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/03/2021 6:59 pm
aaronh10299
(@aaronh10299)
Trusted Member

Maybe try going into your Developer Options on your Dongle, I believe there's a way to increase the number of Bluetooth connections

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2021 5:42 pm
Shanedollar1975
(@shanedollar1975)

Can someone tell me how to get into the settings on the dongle obviously I know I need to have it in my laptop

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/03/2021 5:46 pm
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Android lovers who wanted to innovate the way Android is used in modern day vehicles.

Where To Buy

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!