1st CarDongle firmware release 030820212021-03-08T11:05:01+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting 1st CarDongle firmware release 03082021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi Guys! we have the latest firmware and tool ready for download here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1wh63jx-fnu1Ehu8Ei5tq_QF1fuWwtjMK

Please confirm once you get the new firmware up and running! Also let us know your car / stereo model.
    If you need help with upgrading, please go to cardongle.co support forums. Thx!

bosaad
    Participant

How about CarDongle that it’s been bricked because old firmware?

DuDek
    Participant

Is the new firmware different from the one released last time?

djorgio
    Participant

Device not detected by SPF (MT Drivers Installed but won’t start) What next?

Tommy
    Keymaster

This is the only approved firmware for the units we’ve shipped. We advised you to wait for this firmware.

DuDek
    Participant

Sorry, but I’m not understanding.
    Last week you released the update via OTA which I have successfully installed. Does this new update have different things? My current version installed on the CD is “SW Version 1.2.90”.

bosaad
    Participant

Try this method

If it’s not fixed search about “unbrick hard bricked MTK”

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by bosaad.
    Tommy
    Keymaster

@bosaad Thanks for sharing!

Space_Bison
    Participant

I have just completed this new firmware update as posted by Tommy above. Not sure it did anything other than wipe the CD. All the stuff I had installed directly via the CD Update mechanics (on board) were gone. OS version is 2.1.45 while SW version is 1.2.90 which if I remember is the same as what I had after using CD Update in Settings. GPS still does not work on any applications, at least to give me correct location. Tracking on Google Maps works but not for “selecting a route”. GPS quits after you start route.

Not sure what the plan is now…..

Tommy
    Keymaster

@space_bison — GPS mirroring feature will be added to the March 20 fw update.

jarredduq
    Participant

It would be nice if you could use the car’s gps antenna through android auto’s protocol, or at least make it an option.

Tommy
    Keymaster

@jarredduq thanks for the recommendation! Let’s see how this upcoming March 20 peforms!

stefano
    Participant

Giusto ,sarebbe ottimoπŸ‘

stefano
    Participant

Ok fantastico πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Tommy
    Keymaster

Note: if you can connect to Wifi, then your CarDongle will have a prompt for you to update the firmware in the menu. This OTA update is the same as this firmware we’ve uploaded here. If you can connect to the CarDongle via car monitor / mirroid, then you don’t need to update firmware via the firmware tool. You can do this OTA update via your touchscreen directly. Around the 20th, when there is a new firmware update, there will be a notice for you to update your firmware. You can also do that directly from the CarDongle menu.

This firmware pack is only if you cannot connect to CarDongle via car stereo or mirroid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top