1st CarDongle firmware release 030820212021-03-08T11:05:01+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting 1st CarDongle firmware release 03082021

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@tommy dont delete my posts. Im literally asking for help not giving a bad review. google play services wont stay up to date and it somehow reverts to an older file that doesnt work everytime i plug it into my head unit. and it worked just fine day one please help

Tommy
    Keymaster

@avandyke243 we had to remove someone who was ranting everywhere every day. We had to spend more time on just his ranting than on actual firmware dev.

We cannot have anyone who is trolling and not being constructive in trying to help us pinpoint solution. It is a major distraction to the community.

Can you please take a short video and put it in google drive, then email it to info@cardongle.co?

Don’t try and update Android Auto to the latest version, this may cause the CarDongle not to load. I am not sure which other services you are trying to update or which ones won’t work.

Tommy
    Keymaster

@avandyke243 the more specific the issue/bug report, the better. We’d like to be able to replicate the issue so our programmers can better pinpoint what the exact issue is. This is the only way for us to fix it as every stereo model/car model has different specs so our CarDongle will have different peformance and issues for each model. Especially now that you can download your own apps. Sometimes the apps interfere with some of the main CarDongle features. We are still learning together though

djorgio
    Participant

@Tommy – you blocked @lllsondowlll why? He was helping your community a lot, and I would be ranting everywhere if you helped me brick my device then pretended you didn’t… You/we know what you did.

The antenna issue is appalling, how you can say otherwise is beyond me, GPS mirroring? right. Why was this fundamental feature not tested?

Lucky for me the broken fw you posted was corrupt so I didn’t brick my device, and successfully flashed the new fw and the device is happy again, but no GPS.

Sigh, so for me

Forced Beta Tester
    No touch screen (when you said it would work)
    and now no GPS, (Oh we just realised the antenna is not good enough) seriously weak man (pun intended)

Will a Bluetooth GPS receiver work? Like this?

Thanks

avandyke243
    Participant

@tommy yeah i get that. So it seems that google play services stay up to date but for some reason after a boot up after being off for a bit it just decides that service isnt up to date. in what way would i submit an error report. it seems to do it after being turned off for a bit

avandyke243
    Participant

probably. theres ways in developer settings to set up a different app to track location

Tommy
    Keymaster

@djorgio — that firmware is confirmed to also be able to work with the units your received. He did something else. Including opening (destroying) his unit. There must be rules in any community. We are working with everyone who is giving us constructive feedback.

Tommy
    Keymaster

@avandyke243 can you send a quick video in google drive?

Tommy
    Keymaster

@djorgio Yes, the factory didn’t tell us until after we ordered. Most people in Asia use their phone’s GPS as it is more accurate. Hopefully, the March 20 firmware with GPS mirroring will be a good enough solution. Let’s see how the next firmware release is.

avandyke243
    Participant

@tommy Email has been sent showing what i have to do everytime i boot it up. and yet it doesnt stick

Tommy
    Keymaster

@djorgio Thanks for recommending we add support for the Bluetooth GPS receiver! We have sent this feature request to our engineers and we will see if this is possible with our current PCBA configuration (there may be a limit on the hardware end). Keep the great ideas coming!

Tommy
    Keymaster

@avandyke243 Google drive video and issue description received and forwarded to our firmware dev team. Thanks a lot!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top