Alternative to GPS4Dongle2021-03-31T03:02:18+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Alternative to GPS4Dongle

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@dandin

Got it all working perfectly!

Had a worried moment when it lost the GPS but then remembered its a 10 minute trial version! Happy it works so paid the ¬£1.09 for full version and went for a 20 minute drive all perfect in googlemaps, didn’t try waze but sure that’s fine too as GPS signal all good.
    Thanks for your help, so much better than CD support!
    Just one thing, is there a way to make the BT GPS app on the CD auto connect? Looked in the settings and ticked auto reconnect but when I start the car I have to go in and press connect to get the GPS signal?…

Nokiaman1978
    Participant

make sure the app it not in sleep mode in android settings, that might help?

chrisstavrou
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion of these two apps. Waze works perfectly, Maps says GPS signal lost but am not concerned as am using Waze only.
    Managed also to make both apps to auto connect (with some development i did) as soon as i enter the car which makes the whole experience very smooth.

dandin
    Participant

Good to hear it’s working for some of you. I bought this device purely for navigation without having to constantly have a phone plugged in. It solved part of the problem but I really wished GPS just worked outside of the box.

RyGuyHollywood
    Participant

Hey guys sorry to hijack thread but i figured i would ask since its active and you all currently own the dongle. My only question is this: Since it requires being hooked up to your phones wifi-hotspot this means it takes up your hotspot data, correct? My cell phone (as well as most others) currently receives a 5GB data cap every month, and once this runs out speeds get reduced to 2G, which would then make the dongle unusable to play videos,netflix or anything else that requires wifi. Am i wrong in thinking this?

Nokiaman1978
    Participant

no you are correct mate, cd will be using your phone data, 5gb not a lot of data, i get 130 gb per month

Nokiaman1978
    Participant

id suggest using the sd card option and downloading at home what you want to watch and play in cd from sd usinf vlc or similar.

RyGuyHollywood
    Participant

Yea figured i was right, just was hoping i wasnt bc its a letdown knowing this, for me. Meh, maybe ill look into how much my cell phone carrier wants to charge for more data. thanks for the reply.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top