Home Forums Applications Android auto

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, so I’m loving everything about this device. I’m a taxi driver so it really appeals to me. The fact i can still use my phone (parked up watching Netflix on my cars display and still being able to use my phone). The fact i can just plug it in, set it, hide it and forget about it is another big appeal.

Only thing I’m not 100% on is i will lose android autos easy to use UI while driving. So I’m wondering, because you can install basically any android app on the cardroid, would it be possible to install the android auto app? So while I’m driving I can use AA, and while I’m parked up I can simplely exit the AA app, then fire up Netflix etc?

Tommy
    Keymaster

Yes, you can install the Android Auto app onto CarDroid. We’ll make a tutorial showing you how to sideload APKs. Thanks!

rreif01@gmail.com
    Participant

Did this get released yet?

Nokiaman1978
    Participant

download android auto apk onto sd and install from file manager withing cd

Space_Bison
    Participant

@Nokiaman1978 I tried updating the existing CD Android Auto app via Playstore and it borked the device, had to use Mirriod to undue the update. (CD Screen completely blacked out)

Are you suggesting sideloading the latest AA apk will work to update the installed CD AA app? Just wondering……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.