Home Forums Compatibility Car mirroring

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Even when CarDroid was not conceived to perform screen mirroring, but as it has a full Android operating system, is not crazy to think that with some hacks, settings, and hours of testing, you could run apps like CarbitLink, MirrorLink, or similar to have a full Android device on your car, and once there run any car-optimized launcher. I’m eager to have my CarDroid in hands to start running tests and see what else apart from the official FAQ list can we do with it. Potentially, the compatibility could be extended by the users with the proper set of Android apps. Good job CarDroid team.

Tommy
    Keymaster

You definitely raise some great possibilities.

Once people receive their units, I am sure several programmers will be releasing custom ROMs…

Thanks for your input and Support!

Tommy
    Keymaster

Check out this CarDroid mirroring app for Windows / MAC!

damian.mora@wiot.io
    Participant

Great, if this works then almost any car-screen mirroring app should work, I’m seeing that MirrorLink now comes included off-the-shelf, maybe you guys should include more systems that are based on single-APK client apps like MirrorLink, EasyCon, Oncar (CarLink), Android Auto and have them all activated in the initial wizard so the user can choose which ones to deactivate to avoid consuming resources and let active only the ones compatible with their cars’ head units.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.