Home Forums Developer’s Section CarDongle GPS Mirroring APK – BETA Apk – For Android Phones Only

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

This is a very BETA apk for mirroring GPS from your phone to the CarDongle Screen.

We recommend waiting for the official release via OTA update.

BETA APK Download

Settings > Other Settings > Utilizing mobile phone GPS as map GPS

andrea.paluzzi
    Participant

Someone tried this update?

Does the GPS mirroring works?

jerwam
    Participant

This is only the APK, we can’t make the change in settings yet without a new firmware. The option doesn’t show up (settings > other settings > Utilizing mobile phone GPS as map GPS) I also don’t see the settings area the app itself is looking for (settings > location > location access) I don’t know if that is an app setting, or Android settings.

In short, it is half of what is needed.

ribby18
    Participant

Remember folks, when @admin says they “recommend” waiting for a later release….they really mean “DO NOT INSTALL THIS THING I JUST GAVE YOU BECAUSE IT MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

lol

DuDek
    Participant

ahahaha you are right

Too bad there’s one very important thing missing this time. A nice setting they have indicated in the guide……….

But do they, before posting things, give it some thought?

jerwam
    Participant

Well, the APK is installed on my Pixel4 xl; shows it is connected, but since the setting isn’t in this current firmware on the CarDongle itself, it’s only half way there.

@Tommy, when is the firmware being released that includes the setting you outlined? I mean if that isn’t being released until around the 20th, then why release this post 8 days too early? Kinda jumped the gun there.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by jerwam.
    jerwam
    Participant

@Tommy – as we need to install this APK on our phones, can you give us a run down on what it does, what permissions it needs, and why it needs them?

peacock93
    Participant

So, I received the OTA Update a few minutes ago. It does show the new GPS Mirroring option in Settings. I have turned it on and rebooted the CarDongle. Is the APK found on this forum page, GPS4Dongle_1.0.2.APK.1.1, what I need to install on my phone? Does it need to be renamed, remove the .1.1 from the end, to install? My phone just wants to open it as a file with WINRAR and not install it as a program.

peacock93
    Participant

Also, I know it has been asked before in another thread but can’t you just use the Vehicle GPS through Android Auto?

stefano
    Participant

Aggiornamento che non permette a Waze di funzionare ,prima funzionava bene ,ora non vede più la posizione corretta .Maps non funziona ancora,perde il segnale come prima ,e adesso anche Waze è in continua ricerca di GPS. L’apk che c’è su drive non è un apk non riesco ad installarlo perché mi dice che è uno zip, ma nello zip non c’è l’apk che si può installare ,soluzioni ???????

stefano
    Participant

Stesso problema ,come ce lo risolvono ?????

DuDek
    Participant

Guarda Stefano,
    sinceramente non ho ancora provato l’aggiornamento rilasciato in accoppiamento con app che hanno linkato.
    Partiamo dal fatto che app su drive dev’essere installato sul cellulare. Per farlo ovviamente devi eliminare la parte finale del nome (.1.1) quindi lasciare solo l’estensione .apk

L’aggiornamento via OTA rilasciato non correggeva niente ma implementava solo l’impostazione nella sezione “SISTEMA” che effettivamente mancava per far funzionare il tutto come loro dimostravano nel video.

stefano
    Participant

Comunque farò altre prove 👍

DuDek
    Participant

Esatto prova fammi sapere se funziona ahaha che con il lockdown è dura verificare subito XD

jerwam
    Participant

@Peacook93 Did you upgrade it from inside your car or via Mirrorid? I don’t think it should matter but I can see the upgrade button ready to go, I click it, but nothing is happening… all via Mirrorid. If I give it a few seconds, go to a different screen and come back, it’s ready to be clicked again, but just greys out after being clicked.

Did it take you awhile to get it to install?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.