CarDongle GPS Mirroring APK – BETA Apk – For Android Phones Only2021-03-12T09:20:30+00:00

Home Forum Forums Developer’s Section CarDongle GPS Mirroring APK – BETA Apk – For Android Phones Only

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@jerwam – I did notice that you need to use the FineAI launcher to actually do the update. If you’re using any other launcher, the confirm button doesn’t show up.

jerwam
    Participant

That did it. I was using their settings app inside of Car Launcher. Switched to their launcher and it’s all good. Thanks for the tip… now to actually see if I can get the APK installed and working today.

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

@jerwam – good… With the APK, you do need to remove the .1.1 after the .apk extension. There’s some Korean prompt that originally came up after install, but not sure what it said. Hopefully I clicked the correct button. Not sure if that’s part of it not working while moving or not.

jerwam
    Participant

I have it installed, but in my notifications it shows the app is in standby – and when I open the app it isn’t connected to anything. I did have it installed and working at one point, or at least the app would go in and out of standby, but now I can’t get it to connect. Does yours show connected?

@Tommy – what does the connected status mean in the app? Does that mean it is connected to satellites, or does it mean it is connected to the CarDongle?

stefano
    Participant

Ho aggiornato all’interno dell’auto, in effetti ci mette più di 10 min,continuiamo a testare, continuo ad avere problemi conl’audio su App come Mediaset Play e raiplay,a volte si sente ma parte in automatico ,a volte no, non so se dipende da qualche app aggressiva che avvia,le ho viste tutte,ora proverò a disinstallare qualcosa e vedo se si risolve.

stefano
    Participant

Sono finalmente riuscito ad installare l’apk sul tel e mi dice che è connesso al cardongle ,in effetti dopo qualche minuto sembra agganciare la posizione corretta anche su Maps di Google , farò delle prove

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by stefano.
    DuDek
    Participant

Per il discorso dell’audio, anch’io ho notato che fa un po’ di casini. In particolare, quando nella home di CD, hai l’icona “BT” attiva (quindi utilizza audio Bluetooth).

stefano
    Participant

Ora ho avviato un app per la radio e di nuovo tornato l’audio su queste app di Mediaset Play è Rai Play,chiaramente l’app della radio in internet si è interrotta e Era incominciata la riproduzione audio di queste due applicazioni, in effetti fa un po’ di casini, comunque l’audio della TV sta andando

Space_Bison
    Participant

Well after performing the OTA upgrade today and installing the not recommended APK file that Tommy posted……..I had success!!! Both Waze and TomTomGo picked up the phones GPS signals and I was able to use them like the USB tethered AA. On my test drive each Nav program tracked speeds correctly and I was able to program in a route (and use it) without the GPS losing signal. With Google Maps however I did not fair so well…..lost GPS as soon as I started the route. Not sure why???

Using GPS Test on the phone (HuaweiP30 Pro) showed about 40 satellites. Hopefully when the prime time APK is released that Google issue will go away.

CD now shows OS Version 2.1.46 and SW Version 1.2.90

Space_Bison
    Participant

Late Night Update: Google Maps does not pick up GPS via the GPS mirror at all. Other nav apps noted above work fine.

poyz
    Participant

My GPS4Dongle app isn’t connecting. How are people connected to the CD? Is it bluetooth or are you sharing wifi?

stefano
    Participant

Ma il tethering USB lo devi attivare sul telefono o sul cardroid ?

DuDek
    Participant

Hi Space_Bison,
    since you also have the P30 Pro, can you please tell me how you set all the permissions between Hotspot and Bluetooth Tethering? I swear it just doesn’t want to configure itself properly for me.

vlada011
    Blocked

Too many efforts for something that should work out of the box.
    If they continue this way we will need new phones with more memory, stronger cpu and bigger battery to run all the apps that is needed for dongle to work his basic function.
    Dongle is meant to ease our phone. Not to give him even more tasks.
    For the app I understand that need permission to access location. What I don’t understand why it needs permission to access phone and storage. Does it need phone access to call NASA to check location is it correct and storage to find some file that stores device location?

jerwam
    Participant

Who among us has actually gotten the GPS4Dongle app to connect? What is it supposed to connect too? I’ve tried all the settings, gave it all the permissions, and it never connects. I’d assume it is supposed to show that it is connected to the GPS satellites, but is it supposed to show connected to the CarDongle itself? My app is always in standby, never connects, but since we haven’t gotten any further details on the app, I am at a loss on what to do with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top