Home Forums Developer’s Section CarDroid OS – upgrading firmware tutorial

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Here is a quick video tutorial on how you can upgrade your CarDroid firmware. We’ll also upload a written tutorial soon.

Tommy
    Keymaster

Full tutorial is here:

Mohamed Elmassry
    Participant

Where can I find the last firmware and the updating tool in order to download

AP756
    Participant

SP Flash Tool can be found here

For the time being I don’t know about a place where you can download a ROM (I think this will follow after distributing the first CarDongles). Hopefully this will be a complete set of files including the scatter.txt, recovery.img and boot.img to make it possible to root the CarDongle.

Greetings from Germany

CarDongleN
    Participant

Tommy, the first video won’t play. It says it’s private.

rond123
    Participant

I don’t understand the purpose of this video, it does not show you where to download or give me any clue as to how to do anything, it may as well be on a totally foreign subject. There has to be something better than this. Received my CarDongle yesterday and so far am totally disappointed with any support type material at all, there is none. It would be nice if there was somewhere that would cover setup, or anything at all I’m supposed to do with the product once received. At this point I have a pretty piece of hardware that I have no idea of how to do anything with. Come on, you have to be able to do better than this !

rond123
    Participant

Figured out that installation is strictly plug it in. It is advertised as plug and play, but there still could be some sort of instructions telling you to plug the device in and follow the prompts, when I received this I had no idea what to do with it, there literally is nothing referring to initial setup. Now, as to updating firmware, I’m still clueless, plus, is there a change log stating what changes have been made? Is a standard thing with any software updates letting you know what to expect with the upgrade.

wambros
    Participant

Where I can download the new firmware?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.