Connecting CarDongle to Stereo: Trouble Shooting Steps2021-03-26T07:46:34+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Connecting CarDongle to Stereo: Trouble Shooting Steps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Connection issues:

You should have seen a message to update in CarDongle menu (OTA update). If not, try to update in the settings section where it says firmware information.

1st: try connecting to your PC’s USB port. The light should be orange. Wait 4-5 minutes until the light is blue. Like this:

2nd:
    You can now try connecting the CarDongle to your PC using the Mirroid App:

3rd:
    If you still cannot connect, then you can download update the firmware using the tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X6X9tktWo&t=3s

The latest firmware, PC driver and flash tool ready for download here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tlo92A-SdnZag9zcuJXF9G1fWEG95o9p?usp=sharing

Firmware Upgrade steps tutorial.

NOTE: if your units is working already, then no need to upgrade firmware. You can wait for the next OTA update (will see notification when you connect CarDongle to car stereo).

After updating firmware, Please plug your unit into a USB port on PC until the light changes from orange to blue.

Hope this helps!

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by Tommy.
    mclellan83
    Participant

I am having trouble with getting this to work on a Joying head unit, it is plugged in and shows the orange. When I pull the top menu down it shows that it is connected but when I click on it nothing happens. I left it plugged in for a long time and nothing happened, can’t seem to work out what else to try?

mclellan83
    Participant

Here is what I get on the one unit, the other it just stays orange because although there is Android Auto I can’t find the app in the unit to start this circle

mclellan83
    Participant

Not sure why the other thread got deleted but still no luck with using a USB hub, left it plugged in for over 20 minutes and it never changed from the orange

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top