Home Forums Compatibility Drained Honda CRV Battery

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a 2017 Honda CRV – I plugged in the CarDongle and got the basic features working. I left the device plugged in overnight and in the morning the car battery was dead. I was kinda hoping that I wouldn’t have to remember to unplug it when I turned off the car. Does anyone else have this problem? is there a fix?

Nokiaman1978
    Participant

sure its not a coincidence, cd should only be powered and working when car is on and head unit on? was light on cardongle on when you go ito car wthout starting car

jojobojo
    Participant

Nothing you can by as a final product but if you know a bit of elelctronics there are multiple options.

*Make a USB cable that splits power and data and power the dongle from a port that does turn off when car is off.
    *Get a voltage cut off controller. I’ve used one in a Ford vehicle that wasn’t shutting off the only 12 port near dash. I think it was meant for solar charging systems. You basically set cut off at 11.9volts and resume at 13v.

I don’t have the dongle yet, but if you can install tasker app on it, there might be a way to shut it down number of minutes after BT is disconnected or some other trigger.
    Good luck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.