Firmware Upgrade Coming – Tutorials2021-03-26T04:22:16+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Coming – Tutorials

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hello CD Users,

Thanks for your patience while we sort of the issues with the firmware.

Our next firwmare upgrade will be available by early Next Week (around March 1st).

The changelog will be as follows:

– Fixes the cannot enter 2nd time issue
    – mirroid keyboard input not working
    – Manual will ask people to come to our support forum where we will have downloads section

The upgrade after that will add:

– Japanese
    – GPS possible fix

We’ve uploaded the full firmware upgrade files, flash tool, and several more video tutorials: Version 46 firmware

NOTE: if your units is working already, then no need to upgrade firmware. You can wait for the next OTA update (will see notification when you connect CarDongle to car stereo).

After updating firmware, Please plug your unit into a USB port on PC until the light changes from orange to blue.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by Tommy.
    Scott M.
    Participant

Please include instructions on how to Factory Reset the device. I paired my CarDongle with my phone and it won’t un-pair (see the topic I created for more details). For now, I’m fine with doing a factory reset to start over while waiting on a later firmware with a fix.

jarredduq
    Participant

Install car launcher app from the play store and it will allow you to access the normal Android settings menu. Within this menu, it will allow you to reset the car dongle. Very easy and no flashing or side-loading required.

gunther82
    Participant

There are several car launcher in the play store, can you post the exact one you were referring to?

jarredduq
    Participant
    Claudio Ternavasio
    Participant

Puoi darmi un riferimento sull’app da scaricare sul telefono? Grazie

djorgio
    Participant

Need to be able to factory reset or reflash the original ROM.

Mine was working fine on Mirroid a few times but then I unplugged (Because the screen was staying in portrait mode).

Now my PC will not connect to the device, the device loads with a blue ring but just turns orange.

Also, what do the colours mean? My device was shipped in just a bag, with no duct over and no manual.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by djorgio.
    Claudio Ternavasio
    Participant

Cosa significa il colore non lo so e capitato anche a me, comunque dopo il primo collegamento andato a buon fine, ora non riesco più a connettermi

Claudio Ternavasio
    Participant

Sarebbe anche bello çhe l’assistenza dasse il modo di ripristinare il device

djorgio
    Participant

I can still open AA on my car and see the device, but it is showing Firmware Updater has stopped and requires action.

Since I have a Mazda I don’t have any control since the screen Is locked.

Mirroid or Sndcopy will no longer connect to the device, so seems I need a flashable ROM to fix with flashtool to resolve.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

Any update on the video tutorials and firmware update instructions. My Car Dongle connected first time now nothing and no idea how to use mirroid, I open it on my PC and plug the Car Dongle in and nothing?

antotrun
    Participant

Hi CD team. All of us are waiting for the update.I have received my CD for 6 days and still cannot use it.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

Yeah mine doesn’t work in my car after working the first time, I have managed to open it on mirroid on my PC but no instructions on how to reset the CD. Hopefully a firmware update soon

agentvermont
    Participant

The update keeps getting pushed back. Every week it will be next week. We all have CDs we can’t use, and are completely useless. I’m told a firmware update will occur, but how am I supposed to get a firmware to update if I can’t get anything to recognize the CD in the first place?

jerwam
    Participant

I’m sitting in my car now, and the update us being pushed as I am typing this.

As soon as I got back to the house it connected to my WiFi and I checked to see if today was the day, and it was! I did it through the car, but I think it’d be best to do it from mirror Droid as it took roughly 20 min in total with the engine idling.

First was a 10 min download/reboot, next was a 10min “optimization” … Not sure what it did for the optimization though.

Haven’t been able to test anything yet, will do so as soon as it’s finished. The first thing I’ll test is the GPS as that’s the most important for me.

Report back shortly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top