Firmware Upgrade Coming – Tutorials2021-03-26T04:22:16+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Coming – Tutorials

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Participant

GPS still not working, and I can’t test the 2nd time issue as I fixed that with mirror Droid when I ran into it.

It’s now running:

OS Version: 2.1.45
    SW Version: 1.2.90

Got those from the standard launcher, going to settings – system – system information.

Car Dongle team, can we get some info on what the update included?

Still useless to be as GPS isn’t working.

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

Even with the new firmware, my issue remains – no CD on my head unit. Plugged in, made sure hotspot and bluetooth was active on my phone, and unit does not boot properly. I get about 2.5 blinks of the blue led, repeatedly, and that’s about it. No indication from my head unit that it actually even sees that an Android Auto capable device has even been connected.

jerwam
    Participant

Did you try mirroid? I noticed the first time I tried it I forgot to install the driver required for it. Windows say I attached the CD unit, but mirroid didn’t.

Once I installed the proper driver, mirroid worked properly.

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

@jerwam – Yes, Mirroid is the only way I can utilize the CD at this time, and the way that I was able to upgrade the firmware.

My headunit is an aftermarket headunit, so I’m wondering if there’s something on the way that the custom hook that CD uses isn’t being seen by it. It’s as if the CD isn’t completing the boot sequence.

jerwam
    Participant

Ah, I’m using it in my Ford with the Ford sync system. I have an aftermarket stereo in my Prius, a Kenwood, but my wife has it at work. So I’ll test it when she gets home.

gfabjana
    Participant

I did update today ,on first start in car it didnt work but now on second work all time ..i instaled youtube vanced and settings window from one forum guy.working good for now .didnt try gps or bluetooth

stingershive
    Participant

I got my CarDonglea few days ago and just had time today to mess with it. I was worried about the one and done in the car so I tried first to use Mirroid on the laptop. Never could get it to load so took it to the car. It loaded right up and I saw upgrade available since 3/3. So I loaded it up. Yeah took quite awhile. But if it fixes issues, I am good with it. Played around with it. Looks like my gps was dead on right sitting in the driveway. Haven’t tested driving yet. But so far so good. Tested Netflix and a few other apps and seemed to be ok. Installed Pandora but could not get it to connect. Gave an error about not connecting every time. Tried to load apple music. Sadly I am on beta on my android device and it said beta was full and no other devices could be used. Can’t seem to get non beta option to come up. So no Pandora or apple music for now. One plus is my steering wheel controls all work perfectly. Have a 2021 Kia Telluride.

Bandicoot456
    Participant

Hi Tommy.
    Are you able to advise an actual date when the GPS issue will be fixed?
    At the moment the main use for me is GPS . Without GPS the CD is largely useless.

lllsondowlll
    Blocked

I noticed that if you use a launcher like Novalauncher and get into the app drawer there is a fine drive diagnostic tool that tests all the hardware and software features. It NEVER passes GPS tests.

Can we please have a changelog for the firmware update that was pushed?

DuDek
    Participant

Hi,
    updated this morning.

Still the same problem with the GPS.
    I had hope for a few seconds as it updated the position while navigating but then it lost the GPS signal (GPS position search in progress) and then stopped completely.

The strange thing (which was also there before the update) is that outside of navigation the position is updated correctly and is also accurate.

agentvermont
    Participant

Quick question… even though I’ve asked multiple times and received no official answer.

How does the firmware update if the CD will not boot up on any of my android auto compatible devices? It will also not boot up with Mirroid on 3 different PCs, all on the USB 2.0 port?

At this point I’m just getting beyond aggravated because the only official response I’ve received from numerous inquiries is to stand by for a firmware update… that I can’t install because the device won’t boot. It appears my device is a defective unit. I’m really glad I was one of the first supporters!

Tommy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

We shot a video on how to upgrade the firmware using your PC: https://youtu.be/k7X6X9tktWo

You can download the firmware files and tutorial from this Google drive folder (this is the Nov 2020 version): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1e9U7qDBBun3-BO8xytGqlm9AYWdLMBvN?usp=sharing

If you need a clearer video, then you can check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffrr8BsJ7so

We will have latest firmware files on Monday March 8. We recommend you wait until then.

bosaad
    Participant

🤞

huzdamaq
    Participant

I am in the same predicament as agentvermont. How are we supposed to update cardongle if it is not accessible in your car or via pc with mirroid? just an orange light

jerwam
    Participant

Now that they have released the full firmware with the upgrade tool, you should be able to upgrade the firmware from within Windows, outside of mirroid.

All you should need to do is plug it into a USB 2 port, load up the tool, put the files in the right spots, and update. Much like you’d update and Android phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top