Firmware Upgrade Coming – Tutorials2021-03-26T04:22:16+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Coming – Tutorials

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Thanks to Chinese tutorial I managed to revive my dongle from the dead.
    It is good that they said what pin is for hard reset but the steps are not good.
    If someone else needs to revive his dongle first start flashing program, select firmware upgrade and hit download.
    After that do the pins and when you connect them then connect dongle to your computer.
    In a blink of an eye firmware upgrade will start and you will have your dongle back.
    Because my dongle was dead I strip it down from casing and after I recovered it I hoped that GPS signal will be better but with no luck.
    GPS cant see anything.

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

Cardongle is back from the dead. Verified the first firmware preloader bricks my device as I now installed a toggle switch to test firmwares. But what is important is the latest firmware is up and running. I’m cancelling my chargeback as a motion of good faith since you guys are trying to do the right thing now, but defective GPS still has me irked. I will work on trying to workaround this issue on my end as well.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

@CarDongle_Enthusiast

Great news, I am lucky as my decice has updated through OTA and worked from the beginning apart from the after the first time bug. All the posts calling the device a scam were very premature but agreed with working GPS we have been sold a dummy…
    I got an email saying another update going live today but no news on the app?

SpursMadDave
    Participant

OK so the CD is updated to the latest firmware and setting for utilize mobile phone GPS activated. Installed GPS4Dongle app on phone and once the CD fires up it says connected! But still zero GPS detected…

jerwam
    Participant

@CarDongle_Enthusiast

How’d you do the toggle switch? Did you cut something into the case, or is there enough room to have a switch inside the case? You simply need to take the case off, hit the switch, plug it in and away you go? It would be nice to get TWRP/another custom recovery on these, maybe this “switch” forces it into a semi download/recovery mode that’ll let that happen.

@CarDongle team

Maybe you should follow this thread and add a switch in a new hardware revision, maybe in the v2 that includes a proper GPS antenna. By the way, where are we on that? Been about four days since I asked that in the Developer thread.

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

@jerwam

No cutting needed. Toggle switch sits inside the outer case switch solders to the test point and ground. I didn’t put the screws back in the outer shell so I slip it off if I need it. Just as long as the preloader is unchecked and unmodified for any testing such as ROM hacking, I don’t see a reason to use it unless emergencies.

I do agree that the next model should come with a recovery button.

dallasnights
    Participant

GM
    Where is the update from the email I got last night for you that might be the solution as you stated to GPS?

When I go into CD and look for an update there, the option is greyed out with no option to update so I assume the OTA has not happened yet

Pleases advise and thank you

BTW I am on it states
    OS 2.1.46
    SW 1.2.90

SpursMadDave
    Participant

@dallasnights

I’m guessing the email was just for those not on here and was about the update we already have, which doesn’t seem to have made any difference to the GPS issues at least for me anyway. I’m updated and using the app which says connected but still no GPS signal

stefano
    Participant

Puoi descrivere il procedimento di rianimare il cardinale ?? Il mio PC non lo vede per niente

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

Root

Now the real fun begins

dandin
    Participant

Did you use Magisk on your phone to create a modified boot.img and flash it to your CD?

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

THIS IS NOT A TUTORIAL, I AM ONLY ANSWERING WHAT I DID. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

There is a few steps you need to do otherwise it won’t boot. You can’t use the stock boot.img to root it as it is encrypted. You need to first go into developer settings, allow OEM unlock, then go into adb reboot bootloader, then fastboot flashing unlock. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can edit the the following string in the option.ini under SP_Flash_Tool folder:
    ShowByScatter=true

I used the latest firmware files uploaded by cardongle team and it’s scatter file for the Flash tool

Once done, you can readback the boot_a img and transfer it to your cardongle using SP_Flasher_Tool. It will dump a ROM file in the SP_Flasher_Tool folder, rename it from ROM_23 to boot.img and copy it to your download folder on your cardongle. Sideload Magisk and patch the boot.img. Then copy the patched boot.img back to your computer (should be named magisk_patched.img, double click on the file path to boot_a and select the patched magisk_patched.img. Make sure it’s set to download only and click download. Plugin your cardongle and let the flashing complete. Once done, it will boot up. Download another launcher like Nova so you can access the app drawer and open up the new magisk app. It may make you reboot once more, and then you should be rooted.
    Root

AP756
    Participant

@CarDongle_Enthusiast Good stuff! Thank you for sharing this information. If you want to share your modified boot.img with us this would be marvelous (and we don’t have “to invent the wheel another time”). Thank you in advance.

Bye for now Fred

jarredduq
    Participant

@cardongle_enthusiast I’ve unlocked my boot loader and set the option.ini under SP_Flash_Tool folder to
    ShowByScatter=true. I’ve put the CD in bootloader mode and can see it in my device manager as “Android Bootloader Interface,” however when I try to read back the “boot_a img,” nothing happens.

Please advise…

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by jarredduq.
    CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

@jarredduq

You need to click readback before you plug in the device. You also need to install the drivers from the Google drive folder before it will detect. It will readback and then show up as ROM_38 in the flash tool folder.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top