Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack2021-03-26T04:18:38+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

We’ve uploaded the full firmware upgrade files, flash tool, and several more video tutorials: Version 46 firmware

NOTE: if your units is working already, then no need to upgrade firmware. You can wait for the next OTA update (will see notification when you connect CarDongle to car stereo).

After updating firmware, Please plug your unit into a USB port on PC until the light changes from orange to blue.

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by Tommy.
    lllsondowlll
    Blocked

This is a great step in the right direction and opens the door for us to repair our devices, research root, and potential for custom roms. Thank you.

bosaad
    Participant

Any updates on the production and shipment?

AP756
    Participant

Thank you Tommy for the complete ROM. Now the comunity is able to “optimize” the use of CarDongle. Looking forward getting my CarDongle delivered and downloading up-to-date ROMs in future

Bye for now Fred

jerwam
    Participant

Question for the community… Are any of us able to use this and properly get things working? I know there are android Wizards out there, but not sure if any of them bought one of these. XDA developers come to mind, but not sure if there is, or will be, a thread on there for this.

It’d be nice to see if anyone could test if the sim slot is physically on the board, and if they can get it working.

AP756
    Participant

I haven’t received my CarDongle yet. So I can’t prove and test anything right now. I just know this topic doesn’t fit to the thread here. Please open a new thread with your question, would be a big help to give this forum a clear structure.

Bye for now Fred

jrwill
    Participant

I’m probably cracking mine open this weekend, although peeking in the slots, it LOOKS like contacts are there for it?

Doesn’t mean they’re connected to anything, though…

Lorenzo_N
    Participant

According your documentation (ppt file) 1 file is missing.
    Driver__Auto_Installer_exe_ver5….
    Please put it in GOOGLE DRIVE
    Tks
    Lorenzo

nortek
    Participant

dove si trovano questi driver per il computer che si vedono nel video per far riconoscere il CD al computer????driver_auto_installer SP_drivers_20160804

lllsondowlll
    Blocked

Uh, you tend to need to include the drivers for the SP flasher to even work. Nobody can use this program without them. Where is the driver auto installer???

lllsondowlll
    Blocked

Here guys, since the CarDongle team cannot be asked to upload the driver with their firmware tool for what ever reason, I’ve taken the liberty of finding the correct driver. Flasher is now working:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TPbW-v9-yOrzH15OaHmsPQad420mULeF/view

lllsondowlll
    Blocked

….and following the tutorial with their provided firmware literally bricks the device. No lights, no detecting again in the flasher. I’m pulling out of this dumpster fire.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

Just a quick question, if I managed to update via mirroid then no need to do this update?

CD is showing

OS VERSION 2.1.45
    SW VERSION 1.2.90

lllsondowlll
    Blocked

Quick answer don’t use this tool, they included OLDER firmware with the tutorial that says to use the update function which I’m pretty sure lead to this brick. Don’t use this tool at all. I figured their engineers would be smart enough to make a ROM chip that will always detect in the flasher but instead they put the hook in the damn writable onboard firmware so there isn’t a way to recover from a brick. I’m motioning for a refund.
    The device is buggy, instable, blocks the screen with korean text if an app is playing media when driving, the hardware for the GPS is broke, and their flasher and firmware files will brick your damn device.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

lllsondowlll early days yet, I’m happy with the device apart from the obvious GPS issues which hopefully can be fixed.
    My CD now loads up pretty quick in my car and starts playing Spotify even before the CD logo has disappeared and split screen seems to work fine which is what I wanted all along so have split screen Nav/Audio on the same screen…
    Be good for knowledgeable guys like yourself to stick around, hope you do!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top