Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack2021-03-26T04:18:38+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The device is buggy, instable, blocks the screen with korean text if an app is playing media when driving, the hardware for the GPS is broke, and their flasher and firmware files will brick your damn device.

Yeah fair enough if they have posted links which if followed have bricked the device then thats really poor… Real shame, so a new custom ROM flash won’t bring it back from the dead? If not then yeah refund the only way to go…

I had the Korean txt first time I drove but changed the setting on the CD and fine since

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by SpursMadDave.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by SpursMadDave.
    djorgio
    Participant

I can’t even download, every time I grab the files from the g/drive the zips are corrupt, regardless if I grab all or target files, or a different browser.

Also, same here, I can only see the cardroid ram drive, not the MT ADB, all drivers can not start.

jerwam
    Participant

I’m with yeah, lllsondowlll, this is the first, and probably last, time I support anything crowdfunded. It’s put such a bad taste in my mouth.

My CarDongle is now sitting in my desk drawer in hopes something might actually get fixed, and I used Android Auto in the car yesterday.

I mean if all we were going to be is their beta testers, then these should have been offered at 10% cost, maybe even 5% cost, as our time, and effort to help them, is worth much more then the device itself.

I’ve already made the point that everyone of these should be refunded, and they should stop selling them. I doubt that’ll happen, but if somesort of refund isn’t offered, it’ll be a damn shame.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by jerwam.
    agentvermont
    Participant

I’ve made the same request. Everyone should have their money refunded. My device is bricked. I can’t do anything with it. The only support they offer is for me to wait for the next firmware update. This is what I had to look forward to?

SpursMadDave
    Participant

Luckily I also ordered an AA Wireless device which should be here soon, not really an alternative to this but I have an android box connected to my car already, was hoping this CD device would do both, will see how things pan out…

lllsondowlll
    Blocked

@SpursMadDave

I’m with you, the creator of AA wireless is reputable and I’m making my contribution today. Probably what I should have done in the first place.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

<@strong>lllsondowlll

Yeah I bought the software he produced a while back to get AA on my partners Android HU and it works great so I have high hopes for his wireless dongle, I didn’t get on early enough to get it just yet but I’m confident it will be a good product

stefano
    Participant

Grazie mille ,ottimo , si può risolvere il problema del GPS? Magari fare in modo che il GPS del cardongle si colleghi con quello del telefono ?

Kish
    Participant

@lllsondowlll

Got mine today, tried to set it up straight in the car, but the touch screen wasn’t working for me to even start the initialization process.
    So I took it to my computer to see if I can update it.
    I came across your comments first in using a different installer, got that done, but I guess I wasn’t paying attention enough to see what the next steps were.
    I downloaded CD’s update package and followed their instructions as well.
    Updated, and sure enough, no lights on after, no activity in device manager… Can’t even call this a paperweight cause it doesn’t even weigh enough to hold paper down.

I still try to be optimistic in things, so with what I have here, what do you think would be the best, efficient way to email them for support?

Way back when, I played around with Android with flashing and getting out of brick status. This is of course way different, but still Android, so there may be a way out of it, just been a while for me.

Tommy
    Keymaster

Please wait for the latest firmware files. Don’t use the firmware files from Google drive. We will make an official announcement once the files are ready. Thanks!

djorgio
    Participant

@Tommy

How are you going to make this right, it becomes clear this first batch was to simply enrol testers at their expense. Does this now explain the non-OEM packaging, no instructions and not even a dust cap, unlike your marketing pictures?

My experience was, I cancelled a few hours after backing because I realised the Mazda Screen would not work, but CD emailed me personally and said it would, so I backed it. (Does not work on Mazda touch screen)

I was willing to even buy a BT controller to safely operate it in the car, but now I cannot access the device.

Please fix this for us, your early backers, asap

Tommy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys! we have the latest firmware and tool ready for download here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1wh63jx-fnu1Ehu8Ei5tq_QF1fuWwtjMK

Please confirm once you get the new firmware up and running!

Tommy
    Keymaster

Tommy
    Keymaster

Tommy
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top