Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack2021-03-26T04:18:38+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@admin

It it worth upgrading with the march 8th files? Or should I just wait for the March 20th files? Also, did you add the driver file to Google drive? It was missing before.

Thank you!

avandyke243
    Participant

Had to reset the device and now google play services wont stay updated and everytime the device reboots it reverts to an older file version which makes anything google not work

Tommy
    Keymaster

@ribby18 the March 8 files are the same as the latest OTA update. Once you CarDongle is connected, there should be a prompt for you to upgdate your firmware. No need to download the tool that we posted here. You can upgrade directly within the menu.

Tommy
    Keymaster

@avandyke243 If you did the OTA update, then please use that until the next March 20 update. There will be a notice in your menu asking you to update once there is a new firmware version. Thanks!

avandyke243
    Participant

@tommy that’s the problem. I can’t use it outside of miroid. Every time I have Everything set back up. Once it loses power Everything reverts back to the old versions of the apps which is odd. Do you have a way to redo everything? I have the 4+64 version

ClutchKargo
    Participant

I just wanted to drop a quick note here and say……Impressive! I got my Car Dongle yesterday being around 1100 in line and had upgraded for DHL and I was actually surprised I got it so quickly.

So I connected it to the USB port in my car 2020 Kia Stinger. Followed Instructions on screen and connect to my Android phones wifi spot with blue tooth tethering enabled. The Update was showing available on screen so I started the upgrade. It took about 10 minutes to download and optimize the CD. Right after that I went into Youtube and setup my account which went as usual during which I allowed google to sync with my phone through the unit and allowed all prompts. After I tested YouTube briefly which worked just fine, I started to test the other default apps and since I synced I was already logged into Netflix, Playstore and Waze.

This Initial Setup and Update couldn’t have been easier for me and quite honestly very impressive. I’ve been an Android enthusiast for years and this first use and setup went Great! Like I said I’ve used Android PC’s and setup XBMC and Kodi for years and this was cake compared to many in the past.

Going forward this should be an excellent option now for me to use Android Auto in my Stinger because up to this point I’ve not really been able to use Android Auto at all!!

Thank you to everyone involved with this Indegogo project! I for one am satisfied so far and will be looking forward to start adding apps and side loading things and really see what this little PC will do.

DuDek
    Participant

Did you use the navigator? Does everything work properly when moving the car?

For me too, there were no major problems during the setup and OTA update they released but the navigator just doesn’t work. Constant searching for satellites and no position.

ClutchKargo
    Participant

I haven’t driven much yet. I will be later today. Is the Navigator and application? or Utility?

ribby18
    Participant

@admin

When I try to do the OTA update through the menu, it doesn’t work. The “upgrade” button lights up, I press it, it grays out again, then nothing happens. It stays like that for a long time. When I exit the menu and then go back in, the “upgrade” button lights up again, as if I never pressed it the first time. Do you know why that’s happening??? It would be nice if after pressing the button there was some sort of progress indicator.

Also, I have heard that after the update, some people’s CD’s were wiped. Is that supposed to happen? I hope we don’t have to set the whole thing up again from scratch every time there is a firmware update. Thanks!

DuDek
    Participant

When you start navigating to a point (google maps for example), you will see what happens. Outside of navigation, i.e. simply viewing the map, everything seems to work quite well.

DuDek
    Participant

Honestly, I have not encountered such a problem. I got a pop-up message directly on the home page and started the update.

avandyke243
    Participant

Try to go into android settings through a secondary launcher and change the location settings to use Bluetooth and wifi scanning. It’ll help a bit especially if your GPS antenna isn’t working at all

DuDek
    Participant

I have already tried these solutions but nothing.

I’m very patient about certain things but if the CD doesn’t do one thing it’s supposed to do so navigation will start the crusade and shit storm.

I can’t explain how a product could come out of testing in this state.

DuDek
    Participant

yes yes I have already read.
    I think the user who wrote it (and I know who it is since I’ve been in it on the forum for a while) is pretty frustrated with life.

Half of the things he wrote are bullshit because strangely enough they work for me.

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

@DuDek

Woah really? You got Waze to work and maps with navigation? So the GPS antenna isn’t missing and can actually lock a satellite? You can see video with streaming apps besides the included netflix app, like Hulu, Prime Video, YT TV, or the updated netflix app? Your calls work too? That’s awesome man can you post a video? We might be able to replicate your success.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top