Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack2021-03-26T04:18:38+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Firmware Upgrade Written & Video Tutorial, Loader Tool, Firmware Pack

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Imma need ya to lose the salt lol. If you want to get your navigation to work better than it currently is try going into the location settings in the Android settings and telling it to use wifi and Bluetooth scanning. Might work for ya, as for the video I didn’t have issues. But I messed up the system when I updated android auto. I got everything working again but for some reason the Google play services mess up when it loses power thus breaking all the Google apps. Just waiting on an update that should help

Tommy
    Keymaster

@ribby18 Can you please shoot a short video and save it to Google drive? Email it to info@cardongle.co and we will what we can do to have this fixed. Thanks!

stefano
    Participant

Come attivi lo split screen ??

Space_Bison
    Participant

Hi Tommy and Forum folks. I have a question I’m hoping one of you can answer. I have an old bluetooth Pharos iGPS-360 CF device and I’m wondering if it might work with the CD? Using it with a old WinCE device you had to configure a com port but I’m hoping I would not need to figure that out in Android.

Thanks for any response.

ClutchKargo
    Participant

I wanted share this and maybe it will help some people. For me I have a 5G One Plus 8 Pro Android phone that I connected the CD to initially. The WiFi/Bluetooth connection was painfully slow and glitchy in full bar cell service areas. So I switched to my LTE enabled iPad Mini instead of the Android phone and Bam! All the difference in the world.

After I stated using my iPad mini for service I was able to use YouTube, Netflix, and Pluto TV all worked really well.

I am not able to get Navigation to work in Waze or Google Maps. So question: Is the CD supposed to connect to GPS with the most recent update? or will it not work till the March 20 update?

Hope some of this is helpful…

avandyke243
    Participant

Well the recent firmware upgrade broke it. It’ll boot up in miroid then just go blank

Ztensa
    Participant

I did the recent update and everything is still working (thank goodness) except for the GPS issue

SpursMadDave
    Participant

I did the latest update too via mirroid and all seems to still be working, not tried the GOS4Dongle App with it yet though as I’m waiting for an official Playstore version. One thing I did notice is my steering controls now no longer seem to work with Spotify?

dallasnights
    Participant

Took it out for a drive yesterday and the GPS does not work very well with the MAPS APP
    I tried everything, I think I am on latest Firmware via OTA and have GPS Clicked in settings
    But every couple of minute it says lost GPS and my map stop moving as I was moving so the map would not work well for my route

Took my phone out and did the same on that phones and all worked fine there.

Also was playing a video while I was driving on CD, worked good for a bit then and got an error message that I have to go to settings, display and click on dont stop video from playing, but I dont have an option in Settings on the CD to do this how do I fix this?

Please advise
    Thanks

Iandix
    Participant

Go into settings then display .. top option just turn it off.

Tommy
    Keymaster

We’ve uploaded the full firmware upgrade files, flash tool, and several more video tutorials: Version 46 firmware

NOTE: if your units is working already, then no need to upgrade firmware. You can wait for the next OTA update (will see notification when you connect CarDongle to car stereo).

After updating firmware, Please plug your unit into a USB port on PC until the light changes from orange to blue.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

Everything working fine now except GPS of course, steering wheel buttons now working so not sure what the issues was there?
    Hopefully a Playstore version of the GPS4Dongle App soon and then GPS will work too…

avandyke243
    Participant

If you can’t get the apk to install. Once you download it go to rename it and delete the letters and numbers after the end of apk and click save. It’ll correct the incorrect file type message

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top