GPS is inaccurate/not working2021-02-20T19:16:38+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting GPS is inaccurate/not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

hi guys, we are aware of this issue and will see how to fix this …

Scott M.
    Participant

Certainly happy that they’re fixing it. For me, as soon as it’s plugged in it *does* find me, but then it drifts East — straight East too. Continuously. I start out west but soon I’m in Estevan, Saskatchewan then I’m in Lake of the Woods, etc. While I suppose I’m still in the same country, being off by 4000km or so makes the directions a *smidge* off.

reesmv
    Participant

Tested GPS in Google Maps… nothing. Tested Waze – works. Needs some work…

Space_Bison
    Participant

I’ve tested the pre-installed Google Maps & Waze along with recently installed TomTomGo and Here WeGo. Waze, TTG & Here are out to lunch by 200+ kms from my actual location.
    Google Maps shows correct vehicle position on the screen map…until the vehicle moves off the shown map. Meaning the map does not follow or track vehicle position.

As reported above when connected via Mirroid with my local wifi network these other apps find my exact location.

Ztensa
    Participant

What’s weird in Google maps is that if I don’t put a destination on and it’s just the map, no other inputs, I’ll be tracked correctly. But the moment I put in a destination, it puts me off of my position

[IMG]https://ibb.co/6w20DFn[\img]

lllsondowlll
    Blocked

Just received mine. GPS is not working. I’m actually very concerned how this made it through testing and production. This is the most IMPORTANT feature to a head unit. Without it the Cardongle is useless.

stefano
    Participant

Anche a me non funziona, Maps mi dice che ha perso il segnale GPS… Aggiornamento che fix il GPS ???

stefano
    Participant

Purtroppo non aggancia il GPS ,si puo’ risolvere ????

Bandicoot456
    Participant

Hi CD team,
    I have updated the firm ware on the CD.
    This does not fix the GPS issue.
    To be clear in Waze in shows me as somewhere in the South Pacific and in Google in Far Northern Australia.
    I am in fact in Southern Australia.
    GPS data app show no visible or active satellites through CD
    When will this issue be fixed?

Coinchee
    Participant

Just installed mine today, and both Waze and Google maps shows my location fine when driving, but constantly shows me at 5-8mph, even on highways. Deffo somethign wrong in the GPS part of the dongle.

Iandix
    Participant

My GPS is not working as well, but I did notice in the firmware thread they said that should be fixed in the next update

ondrej.hascak
    Participant

I have just got mine and I can confirm that GPS is not working

watertime
    Participant

Upgraded firmware and GPs is still 70 miles off. When using Waze the speedometer is correct just not the location.

jrwill
    Participant

Anyone tried this yet? Seems to work for me, although nav is a little wonky.

Coinchee
    Participant

Bit scary that the errors seem hit and miss, on my system, and others, its accurate, but speed jumps back and forth between a few set speeds…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top