Home Forums Applications GPS mirroring APK for CarDongle (supported for Android Phones only)

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

This is a very BETA apk for mirroring GPS from your phone to the CarDongle Screen.

We recommend waiting for the official release via OTA update.

GPS Mirror APK Download

Settings > Other Settings > Utilizing mobile phone GPS as map GPS

Tommy
    Keymaster

OTA update should be ready on Tuesday Feb 16

Wizard
    Participant

Don’t you mean Tuesday March 16th.

Tommy
    Keymaster

@Wizard YES! thanks! we have been working overtime on this and catching up on emails. March 16 OTA update will be online. you can upgrade via the prompt on the CD screen. Thanks!

stefano
    Participant

Ok , grazie mille 👍

jerwam
    Participant

@Tommy – can we get some further info on the app we need to install on our phones? Mainly, what it does, what permissions it needs, and why it needs them? I’d understand it needing access to location, but it looks like it wants access to files and media… not sure what those have to do with GPS.

Tommy
    Keymaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJZytI_Izs here is a quick video of how the GPS mirroring update will look:

Tommy
    Keymaster

@jerwam, we will check on this for you. Thanks!

jerwam
    Participant

Thanks Tommy. I did have it installed but no matter what, I couldn’t get it to show connected. I gave it all the permissions it requested, but it never connects and it always shows standby in the notifications. Can you do a walkthru on how to install the app, and what options to choose?

At one point I saw this but no matter which one I tried, it wouldn’t work.

Oh, and can we get the option to include pictures/video with our posts? Would make it so much easier then trying to find a decent free site to host them for us.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by jerwam.
    Tommy
    Keymaster

Firmware update is now live…

liunam
    Participant

Updated the firmware and installed the APK. GPS4Dongle notification shows “Sending GPS …” yet my Maps app on the Car Droid still shows a blank white screen. No map and no GPS directions.
    How is this supposed to work?

Tommy
    Keymaster

@jerwam you can upload images by clicking “IMG” in the bar above the text field.

Tommy
    Keymaster

Check out this thread for GPS4Dongle mirroring app alternatives: https://cardongle.co/forums/topic/alternative-to-gps4dongle/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.