GPS with Mirroid works?2021-03-11T16:56:44+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting GPS with Mirroid works?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here’s an oddity to me. How is it that the GPS seems to be able to quickly and accurately locate me when working through Mirroid, but not the car head unit? Everything else being equal, using phone hotspot for connectivity. If anything the phone inside house should have harder time acquiring GPS signal than in the car, no?

DuDek
    Participant

Sorry why create a new post when there is already a special section?

The gps problem is during the actual navigation. It works for me both in the car and with MirroID. But as soon as the navigation starts towards a set bit no satellite is detected.

willmw
    Participant

I searched, but didn’t find a post about it working in Mirroid. For me, it never seems to acquire my current position while in the car at least not accurately. In Mirroid for me it almost instantly locates my position, of course I can’t easily then test navigation from that point.

DuDek
    Participant

In fact, it changes dramatically when you start browsing.
    Checking with any app for proper GPS operation (GPS Test app), no satellite is detected by either the machine or MirroID.

azanatta
    Participant

Hmmmm….
    I got my CD yesterday and I tried to update the FW via a Windows PC with no luck, then I connected the CD to my car and the FW was upgraded via OTA. But Google maps and Waze were not detecting the current position, actually it was saying I was in the middle of the atlantic ocean so I was clearly disappointed.

After I read this I installed Mirroid and voila, it shows the correct position no matter I’m inside my house.
    So that’s weird right…? I mean why it shows the current location inside my house and not woking inside my car….

r4id
    Participant

Hmmmm….
    Maybe the car USB port does not provide the required power? Try to use the data+power cable. Maybe it will help?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by r4id.
    CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

It’s because it’s using your home WIFI to triangulate your location. Turn off WIFI and use pure GPS and then you will what happens.

willmw
    Participant

In fact if I turn off WiFi on my phone, the location stops working so I’ll buy that it’s working via wifi, but why doesn’t work in my car via my phone? Maybe r4id has something with the car usb port voltage?

Tommy
    Keymaster

@r4id how is this cable working for you?

r4id
    Participant

@Tommy, when I get a Cardongle I can check; p
    But I use the cable itself, for example, for hard drives when they do not want to run after plugging into one USB port.

jarredduq
    Participant

I’m going to try the CarDongle in my car with a laptop running Mirroid, and see if it still works with GPS.

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

Guys you aren’t understanding. The GPS module doesn’t work. It is getting location from the WIFI device via triangulation. The reason it doesn’t work with phone WIFI is it is getting it’s signal from the tower.

Wifi location and GPS are two different things. It has nothing to do with the wifi module

Tommy
    Keymaster

check the developers section for the GPS mirror APK

Nokiaman1978
    Participant

dont have my CD to test but that sounds correct as in my car the usb port doesnt supply enought power to charge phone while using AA only slows down discharge.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top