Hardware v1.5 update posted to Indiegogo… why no mention here?2021-04-01T13:26:10+00:00

Home Forum Forums Developer’s Section Hardware v1.5 update posted to Indiegogo… why no mention here?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Tommy

I was browsing the Indiegogo page yesterday and I noticed there is an update there talking about a v1.5 that is being created, and it looks like that newer device is being provided to backers who haven’t received their device yet. Uhmm… what about those of us who backed this and already received their device? Like my contribution ID is 33… which means I was the 33rd person to buy one of these. So it seems being that early means nothing? I should have been like the 5000th backer so I would now have the choice of which one to get?

On a side note, what exactly are you changing in the v1.5? I see mention of no metal ring, but what else? I have tested my v1 device without the metal ring and it does nothing to help the GPS situation. Are you also changing something at a hardware level? If so, what? I also see you are sending two v1.5 devices to someone in the US and another in Italy, who is receiving them? Some current backers, or someone attached to the CarDongle team?

And finally, are you offering the early backers who have already received their device this new and shiny v1.5? Especially if the hardware changes help fix the situation at hand? The workarounds we have with the different apps ARE NOT FIXES to the faulty v1 devices. Please tell us if we are going to receive the v1.5 devices.

dallasnights
    Participant

I emailed them the same question as I too was an early adopter
    I hope they will offer us the new 1.5 solution if it works and send us a FIX
    The software solutions so far they claim to work does not work at all
    And GPS Dongle app is useless

Again not complaining about the product in general its just GPS and MAPS is important and I hope they provide us some answers soon
    Thanks

azanatta
    Participant

Honestly, it sucks to be an early adopter…
    It turns out that they are fixing the device and the people that paid extra to get the device first will end up with a half baked device not working as it should.
    I paid for the upgrade and was the worst mistake I did. Also I paid extra for DHL shipping and the device arrived via regular mail and guess what I can’t request a refund for the DHL part because the project was marked as completed because I already got the device. Beside the fact that they not even answer any email.

SpursMadDave
    Participant

Yep agreed with all the above, I actually ordered my CD in November and recieved it in Feb, but also ordered a 2nd in December which I have emailed them and asked to be a V1.5, but yes what about this 1st one which I can’t get to work with the app provided, I like the CD and Spotify works great, if only the GPS worked it would be a great little gadget.

DuDek
    Participant

I agree with everyone. Ordered in November, upgraded to 4×64 version and received in early March.

Thankfully with the next app Waze works (too bad about google maps). It does give me issues with the steering wheel controls not working sometimes.

Living in Italy I noticed a big problem with the device overheating. After 15 min of use, with the temperature of about 25 degrees outside, the device simply turned off……….. I don’t even want to think what happens with full Italian summer and 35 degrees.

jerwam
    Participant

@Tommy

Why has admin failed to answer any posts of this forum? Have you left us? I read the update on indigogo again and it looks like you’ll have a v1.5 with a new redesign in July. Not sure why you’re ignoring the forums with these updates…

I see it also mentions you aren’t going to offer any early backers a chance to get the new one, why is that? You expect us to find someone that wants the v1, then I’d assume we would mail out the v1 to one of your backers, and at which point you put us down for a v1.5?

What kind of ass backwards crap is that? We should be able to mail you back the v1.0 once we recieved the v1.5 and call it done.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by jerwam.
    DuDek
    Participant

Never mind. See my comment above. I’ve also responded several times directly on Indiegogo in the CD section. In the end you always see the same responses that look like ctrl+c/ctrl+v. They sound like jokes. If you want to change v1.0 we can trade them for those who don’t claim v1.5. WTF???????

Here would need a shitstorm and then see how they react!!!!

AP756
    Participant

My two cents: This is the developers part of the forum and dedicated to discuss technical solutions, no less, no more. There are other places to lament, this part of the forum is constructive critics only. Thanks for your attention

Bye for now Fred

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top