Home Forums Compatibility Pioneer aftermarket head unit

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Pioneer AVH2300-NEX

As mentioned in other threads, it’s as if the head unit doesn’t even see the dongle. CD tried to start boot up, but blue ring pulses 2.5 times, then just repeats. Never actually loads up.

Mirroid works just fine.

manuel8420
    Participant

Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT

Tuve el mismo comportamiento en este modelo de Pioneer. No carga el sistema de CarDongle.

Mirrorid también funciona sin ningún problema.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by manuel8420.
    Shevretti
    Participant

AVH-2400NEX

The same problem as described above. I think the Pioneer head unit powers up the USB port for too short time, so the CarDongle can’t fully boot before it can actually see the it as Android Auto compatibile device.

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

Interesting theory on that one, which might explain the 2.5 blinks. Wonder if it’s a case of detect/not detected while the unit is booting?

Are you able to get easy access to the USB port on the back of the head unit? One other thought was that the extension cable might be an issue. I know in the FineDrive manual, they do mention not using with any OTG cables.

Probably no difference, but a thought still.

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

So… it looks like it is a power issue with the Pioneers. I just bought this:

and it finally booted and allowed me to see the CD on the radio.

Now to get everything else working as it should.

r4id
    Participant

@ttlycnfuzd GPS is working?

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

@r4id – no luck with that. Just finally happy to be able to tinker with it in the car.

manuel8420
    Participant

Hi guys,

I bought a similar cable suggested by @ttlycnfuzd.

I had no luck. Booting is ok but for a reason I don’t know it gets stuck in a default background without any icon. Here’s a video of that:

Booting video – Stuck in a backgroung

Does anyone have a clue of what’s happening?
    🙁

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

@manuel8420 – that almost seems like it’s not booting to the FineUI properly, as that’s a basic Android Auto background. Are you able to access it properly in Mirroid? You haven’t tried to force update the Android Auto app on the CD, correct? IF so, that could be part of it as well.

manuel8420
    Participant

HI @ttlycnfuzd,

Yes, I can access Mirrorid. And it seems you’re right, I’ve updated the Android Auto app without noticing it.

What could I do? I don’t see a reset option inside Car Dongle and I don’t have the original AA app to sideload up.

ttlycnfuzd
    Participant

@manuel8420 – you could try going into the play store, and under Android Auto, uninstall updates. Also, if that doesn’t work, try downloading another app, like extended settings, that will allow you to go into the proper Android settings menu, and uninstall the update that way.

manuel8420
    Participant

Thank you very much @ttlycnfuzd. Now it’s working 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.