Request: Flash able ROM for beta users2021-07-08T07:52:19+00:00

Home Forum Forums Developer’s Section Request: Flash able ROM for beta users

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Participant

#Tommy: I supposed that and I’m glad you’ll try to restore from backup

@Todd: I’m still trying to sort the connection problem without having the hardware. And I appreciate that you are willing to make CD working for you and the community.

I think CD wants to be number one on the playground. Therefore please switch off Bluetooth in any phone near the car and delete the entry in the head unit. Now insert CD and try to establish Bluetooth from CD to car system (following the procedure of your car’s head unit). Does this fail?

If not you now test all programs and settings, hopefully they all work. Now try to establish a Wifi connection to your phone (just enabling Wifi tethering). Does it work? If yes you got Playstore and Internet (including Spotify and such programs).

Last step: Restart Bluetooth on the phone and try to connect to CD or Headunit (depending how you want to route telephone calls.

Well, long message. The culprint is to try to avoid any disturbance when connecting CD to the head unit. If any of the connections is already taken, CD can’t connect.

Bye for now Fred

Space_Bison
    Participant

#Tommy, thanks for the update.

Fred, I’ll give that a try here later today. Thanks once again!

Todd

jerwam
    Participant

Hello Todd. It sux that the CD device isn’t connecting to your stereo, do you get any indication on screen at all? I know with the three cars I tested the v1.5 device on only one of them allowed the device to work right away. The other two basically got to a screen that told me to look at my phone to continue with Android auto.

I think they were expecting me to allow certain things. Of course since these devices don’t have screens attached, all I could do is unplug the device, wait 10s and plug it back in again. The second time around Android Auto started to load, and the CD devices worked as expected. I don’t have a Mitsubishi I can test on, just the Ford, Toyota, and the loaner Kia. Of the three, the Kia was the one that allowed the connection right away.

Hopefully we can figure this out for you. Were you able to test the unit on any other cars?

Space_Bison
    Participant

Hi Fred/Jerwam. I followed the steps outlined by Fred:
    1) Bluetooth Off on Phone (Realme 8)
    2) Deleted ALL phones in the Mitsu Head Unit.
    3) Tried to establish a new phone connection via the head unit. Got as far as a screen saying: New Bluetooth Registration – Use the mobile phone or other device to pair. Unit Name: Mitsubishi Motors Bluetooth Unit Address: 044EAF4990A2 Passkey 0000
    4) And that’s the end of story as I do not get any indication of the CD screen at all, so I can’t finish the connection. The unit just flashes blue as it has done since I’ve received it. (in both my Mitsu cars)

Jerwam, I’ve plugged and unplugged it a million times, in both cars. Even tried using a USB extension which worked with V1. Nothing ever appears on my screen.

PS: I’m working from home, since we’ve had a small COVID outbreak where I live, and I don’t have access to other new cars (my coworkers). I may however be able to try it out in a 2020 Hyundai Sonata this weekend.

Todd

AP756
    Participant

Good news Todd!

At least we changed the situation. Because you’re not able to connect CD to head unit (no screen), try to connect head unit to CD. Enter your car setup and try to connect from there.

Bye for now Fred

jerwam
    Participant

Interesting, so the head unit sees the CD for Bluetooth access, but your car doesn’t see Android Auto on the CD device. If you use Android Auto directly via your phone, I assume that always works? You plug in the phone, the head unit sees the Android Auto device, and it is connected all nice and quick? If so, what version of AA is on your phone? Is it newer/older then the one on the CD device? Is there maybe a firmware update for the head unit?

The CD really doesn’t need to be connected to bluetooth/WiFi for it to work, it just won’t have access to do much. You should be able to see the Launcher via the head unit. On the screen itself, I assume the Android Auto indication never shows up and you can’t kick it off?

Space_Bison
    Participant

Fred, I’m not quite understanding your last comment…….my car does have a touch screen and I’ve also used the cars BT setup to try to connect to the CD (following the same process as I do to connect my phones).

I’m believing that my car must see the CD Bluetooth as it tells me to finish the new BT connection on the device. However, I can’t get to the CD BT setting through the car touch screen to finish said connection.

PS: I never ever see the CD launcher page on the screen……..in fact my head unit does not seem consider the CD a phone at all.

Todd

Space_Bison
    Participant

Jerwam, Yes I think the car sees it via BT but nothing else. AA connected to the car via USB works great as does the AA Wireless device (another Indigogo thing). I am using the latest and greatest version of AA on both my phones as well.

The AA version on the CD is locked for updating. See my text from a prior post below:

“This tester already has a version of Android Auto installed on it (5.9.604634-release) which Google Play can never update (it fails) as does Google Play Services. I did manage to enable Developer Mode though in this version.
    I also tried to side-load an Android Auto for Phones APK however it won’t install either as it needs Android 10 and the CD version is 9.”

You are also right, I never see the “AA is connected” indication flash on the screen like I do for a wired (phone) or AA Wireless connection.

Todd

AP756
    Participant

Todd, do you have a notebook? Sit into your car, connect CD to your mobile computer (because of the screen and the keyboard) and now establish Bluetooth connection to your car system. If you got this connection plug CD into the car’s USB and check if it’s connecting again. Then we might reach “the next step”.

Oh, don’t forget the time and date setting. My car system complains about different time settings on my mobile and refuses to connect from time to time.

Jeremy, some of my approaches seem to make no sense, but I’m sure we can localize the problem by eliminating “faults”. Maybe the next screen (if we get to see it) tells us where CD gets stuck…

Bye for now Fred

Space_Bison
    Participant

Fred. I have a laptop which I use with Mirroid. Will give that a try.
    PS: the mean time on the CD was originally set to Seoul Korea. I’ve since changed it to Mountain (North America).

Todd

jerwam
    Participant

Hey Fred, the CD device doesn’t need to speak to the Car via Bluetooth for it to communicate with Android Auto. Once the device is plugged into the USB port, the head unit should notice Android Auto is active on the CD device, then the head unit flips over to Android Auto, and the CD device works. Once the device is connected via Android Auto, at that point you can connect the device to the head unit via Bluetooth, but it doesn’t need to be. When I use it in my car, the CD device is connected via Bluetooth to my phone, no Bluetooth connection is active between the head unit.

The CD device basically tricks the head unit to thinking a phone is plugged into the head unit- right now that is what isn’t working with Todd’s device. The head unit doesn’t see it plugged into the USB port, it physically connected, it is getting enough power to turn on the Bluetooth chip inside the CD device, but somewhere after that there is a break down.

Maybe Todd’s head unit expects the CD device to answer a certain way, it sends the CD device the android auto handshake, but the CD device doesn’t respond back properly, so the head unit just ignores it. That could explain why it sees it as a Bluetooth device, but nothing else.

I don’t think getting it connected to the head unit via Bluetooth is going to make Android Auto work. We are basically just confirming the CD device is sorta functioning because the Bluetooth side of it works, but not the main connection via Android Auto. What I was asking Todd was to confirm the Android Auto side of his head unit works with other devices, which he has since confirmed.

It does sound like something is wrong with the device, as so far all cars he’s tried it on doesn’t allow the connection. Having access to a different car manufacture might enlighten us, perhaps it works on one of the cars mine works on, perhaps it won’t.

AP756
    Participant

Well spoken, Jeremy. From AA side of view you’re right. The handshake doesn’t work…

From my point of view AA on CD has to be updated (which isn’t possible according to Todd). Having no hardware I can’t do anything. My personal approach would be rooting, killing AA and installing an actual version. There is a high chance to get CD working (AA-version on my phone is 6.8.613354-release, with older versions I also had connection problems).

Time will tell …

Bye for now Fred

Space_Bison
    Participant

Jerwam, me thinks you are right with your summation. With the car(s) it appears to be broken however with Mirroid on a laptop it works. Mirroid sees it as a phone and starts up the launcher (either the CD Nitro or Car Launcher app – whatever I have it set to). Then I can pee around the device to no end.

I’ll see if I can try it in my son’s Hyundai this weekend. Maybe it’s just a Mitsubishi issue?

PS: I’ll also try Fred’s laptop recommendation, just to see what happens.
    PSS: I also have an old Samsung Galaxy S7 which I might throw a SIM card into. I’ll try to set that up as a hotspot/blue tooth device in the CD. Only issue might be is that I’m running as Lineage OS 17.1 (Android 10) build on it.

Todd

Space_Bison
    Participant

Fred, the AA on the phones I have is also 6.8.613354-release. As for the “locked” AA on the CD, this was the same issue with V1 CD. Certain “hacked” apps installed on both V1 & v1.5 won’t update via Play Store. This includes Google Play Services, Netflix and some others.

Todd

AP756
    Participant

Todd, that’s easy: These programs are signed different, therefore the programs in PlayStore can’t update.

Second reason: The programs can’t be removed, because they are integrated in ROM. Rooting CD we’ll be able to overcome this limitation.

Bye for now Fred

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top