Request: Flash able ROM for beta users2021-07-08T07:52:19+00:00

Home Forum Forums Developer’s Section Request: Flash able ROM for beta users

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Great news Jerwam! The only thing I can add, is that when I use Mirroid, I get no CarDongle logo at all. When it is finished loading it immediately starts in the CD app page (where settings is).

Todd

Space_Bison
    Participant

PS: Now that you’ve rooted it…..you’ve voided the warranty……. 😉

Todd

jerwam
    Participant

Interesting, even with their stock AA app, it doesn’t load. I wonder if they have something in their boot.ini file that the edited one from Magisk doesn’t have. Going back to stock with the unchanged boot.ini file to see what I get.

Report shortly.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by jerwam.
    jerwam
    Participant

Not sure what is happening, but even with full stock ROM no go in the car. Going to try a different SP Flash Tool version and will see if that helps.

Report shortly.

AP756
    Participant

Jeremy, I think boot.ini isn’t replaced just by flashing in download mode. Please try update to revert to stock. In case you go for another try to root you have to unlock bootloader again.

Bye for now Fred

jerwam
    Participant

So far, I’ve tried the download, and firmware options in the SP Flash tool, and so far, no go. Trying the last option that is format all + download. Just finished that with the tool, heading to the car to test.

jerwam
    Participant

Well, the v1 I have is working as expected, no issues. It loads right up in the car, and the ring stays blue. The v1.5 device is loading up, flashing blue, and then going orange in the car. The Ford sees it is connected as I get the USB indicator, but no action on Android Auto.

I just finished another round of upgrading the Firmware via SP Flash tool, and it is working as expected via Mirroid. Interestingly though this time around after I set it to auto start android auto, it did its normal restart, but when it came back on online it flashed “optimizing update, please don’t unplug the device for 10min” I wonder if maybe it was trying to do that in the car, but since it doesn’t have a screen, I didn’t see the prompt. I’ll leave it plugged into my PC with Mirroid running for 30min or so. After I have dinner I’ll grab it and try my car again.

If it works, I’ll re-try the root and see where I end up. Crossing fingers it actually comes back to life again for the car. If it continues to fail, I’ll try it in my Wife’s Toyota when she is home for work.

jerwam
    Participant

I have made some progress, at least the blue light is staying on now within the Car. It is still only being detected via USB, no action on AA yet. I’m gonna email the CD team and see what they suggest.

I’ll still end up testing it in my Prius tomorrow, so I’ll report back after that testing.

AP756
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy. I’m sorry for you having a hard time. Well, that’s the life of a beta tester…

Bye for now Fred

jerwam
    Participant

So in my Toyota, with a Kenwood head unit, it prompts me to stop the car and look at the phone to continue using AA, but nothing actually switches over. Still stays blue though. Hopefully the CD team have something I can try. No word from them yet.

AP756
    Participant

Jeremy, what happens when connected to the computer? Similar setup? If you are prompted to enter some numbers/agree or something write it down, connect a Bluetooth keyboard and repeat the steps in the car “blind”. Nothing for a standard user though…

Bye for now Fred

jerwam
    Participant

It works perfectly in Mirroid. I think there is something wrong with the firmware, it seems rather flakey when trying to connect to AA within the car. Hopefully there will be a new firmware out shortly for the v1.5 devices that us testers can test with. They recently released a new firmware for the v1 devices, so I am sure a newer firmware for the v1.5 devices shouldn’t be too far behind.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top