Home Forums Applications Snes (Super Nintendo Emulator)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys I am very excited about this project! I will be purchasing a starter unit this week and play around with it! I can not wait to be able to play retro gaming systems in my car! Anyone know if this is strong enough to run ps2 and n64 emulators?

RyGuyHollywood
    Participant
    RyGuyHollywood
    Participant

So i did a little homework for you because im bored. Here it goes:

Upon the latest ytube video from “ETA PRIME” i see the processor being used is called a “MediaTek Helio P22”. Search for his video on ytube <“ETA PRIME CarDongle”> and Skip to the 8:25 mark for the specs.

After knowing the cpu now we can do some google foo to which i found some good information off a Reddit article titled “Anyone using a helio p22?” in the r/EmulationOnAndroid community section. Search for that as well, you’ll notice the very first reply is a link to a ytube video where supposedly he is running all different kinds of emulator systems/games of a p22. youtube.com/watch?v=M-JQh8oUQZk

Lastly it seems the MediaTek Helio P22 is comparable to a Snapdragon 625 with the Snapdragon beating it out by very little. You can see this by going to nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare and typing in both chips then viewing the compared results yourself.

For some reason this forum doesnt let me post the full links in these messages. Even when i try to do through the “Link” option tab it still doesnt post….

annnnnnd youuurr welcome ;-P

RyGuyHollywood
    Participant

I figured out how to get the links to work. dont use www.

ETA PRIME video showing cpu specs 8:25 min mark – youtube.com/watch?v=5ZWwnn14qA8
    Reddit thread about P22 – reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndroid/comments/g033pv/anyone_using_a_helio_p22/
    Ytube video of p22 running emulators – youtube.com/watch?v=M-JQh8oUQZk
    Site comparing P22 to Snapdragon 625 – nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/qualcomm-snapdragon-625-vs-mediatek-helio-p22

RyGuyHollywood
    Participant

Now maybe someone would answer my question…

Will these be using my cell phones Wifi Hotspot Data while using this thing? I see it has to hook up to your Wifi Hotspot to be able to use it for netflix, ytube, gaming, etc. Problem is most cell phone plans give you a limited amount of hotspot data (5GB for me) before the speeds slow down to 2G which then it becomes unusable basically. So whats the rub here.

TheNewCoder
    Participant

You are the G.O.A.T. thanks brother!

TheNewCoder
    Participant

Thats a good question! I have a 2017 chevy malibu and my vehicle comes equiped with wifi/hotspot but its like 25 bucks i believe for 2 GB if im not mistaking!

RyGuyHollywood
    Participant

If i find out the answer, ill post back

EDIT: Just got confirmation on another thread indeed it does use your cellphones wifi hotspot data(which isnt very much unless you pay for more). Was hoping this wasnt the case, a borderline deal breaker for me. Its always something damnit, lol.

chrisstavrou
    Participant

Hi,
    Just in case to make it more clear it can connect to any wifi like your home wifi or a mobile hotspot.

Cheers
    Chris

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by chrisstavrou.
    RyGuyHollywood
    Participant

Yes but your gonna be driving most of the time so it will need your phones hotspot and data. This kinda sucks (to me) but as in life “its always something”, it is what it is i guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.