Sony aftermarket XAV-AX50002021-03-06T20:05:11+00:00

Home Forum Forums Compatibility Sony aftermarket XAV-AX5000

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sony completely compatible with Android Auto. I was able to launch CD and see it on my pc using mirroid. Update on March 5th seemed to be successfully completed. Sony device continues to say USB Device not Supported. Car Hotspot running before I plugged it in. Blue ring and then Not Supported message.

Shevretti
    Participant

Have you left it plugged to the USB port for more than 30 seconds? I get the same error message in my Sony XAV-AX8050D and 15-20 seconds later the CarDongle welcome screen appears on the screen and everything works flawlessly.

Steve@muzzo.com
    Participant

Thanks for your kind reply. And thank you for the fleeting 5 minutes of hope while I walked out to the car. But, alas, plugging the CarDongle in for several minutes elicited nothing more than “USB device not Supported.”

Shevretti
    Participant

I just thought about one thing, I updated my head unit a couple weeks before I got my CarDongle. Please check your firmware version, if it’s lower than 1.04, update the head unit and try to plug the CarDongle again.

BTW. I have Pioneer head unit in another car and the CarDongle doesn’t work there at all, but works great with Sony.

Steve@muzzo.com
    Participant

Thanks once again. Updated Sony firmware to 1.04. Once again, tried all sorts of sequences for plugging the CarDongle in and out of the USB1 (and USB2!) ports, but still no luck. I did, however, get a new error message on the Sony: “USB device is not connected.” So, apparently, now the Sony can’t even see the CD to decide whether it’s supported or not.

Anyway, thanks for trying. Unless you or someone else has another idea for me, I guess I’ll wait for the CarDongle folks to provide support (CarDongle folks, are you listening?)

I would love to use it!

Shevretti
    Participant

OK, let’s give it one more try 🙂

Before the latest CD update, I had frozen Android Auto app once that prevented the CD from opening AA screen on my head unit. Try to close all the apps in CD using Mirroid.

You can eventually try to disable bluetooth in your phone temporarly before the CD boots and opens AA.

Steve@muzzo.com
    Participant

Again, thanks for trying to help me. Maybe I just have a dud CarDongle. Even though I can see it on my pc using mirroid, my Sony either doesn’t see it or flat out says that it is not supported. I have tried everything you have suggested, but I don’t seem to get any kind of active communication between the Sony and the CD. I have also factory reset the Sony. Still nothing. I am hoping that when things die down for the CD design team, maybe they will swap out my CD for another one or provide me with a workaround for whatever is the problem.

Oh well.

Steve@muzzo.com
    Participant

Latest firmware (2.1.46) allows my Sony to see the carDongle (thank you CarDongle folks). At the early stages of playing with it but several issues have come up. I’ll list at a later date. Thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top