Updated Amazon app not showing videos2021-02-27T19:54:23+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Updated Amazon app not showing videos

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@cardongle_enthusiast I’m not sure the whole decompiling/recompiling thing is correct. If the apk weren’t able to function then it wouldn’t work on Mirroid. But it does. I can use Disney+ and Amazon Prime just fine on Mirroid so clearly the CD is capable of decoding video from these sources. It’s just when it’s in the car that the CD falls down.

@Tommy Sorry for the late responses. Are the dev team able to replicate the issue? Do you need any further info?

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

@fetunchandrapatel

You fail to understand that mirroid is using adb over debugging protocol to simulate the screen which is utilizing elevated permissions to run video outside of Android’s standard sandbox. Android Auto does not.

I know what I’m talking about as I am running my own custom screen2auto device with the flag_secure disabled.

Please reference the links in my original post for more details about flag_secure and DRM checks.

CarDongle_Enthusiast
    Participant

Smali patcher with Flag Disable patched for screen sharing is not enough to enable DRM content on the Cardongle it seems. Will look into additional patches tomorrow.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top