V1.0 & V1.5 Tester’s Thread – Testing GPS2021-08-27T03:25:43+00:00

Home Forum Forums Developer’s Section V1.0 & V1.5 Tester’s Thread – Testing GPS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hello CarDongle Fans,

This is the tester’s thread for the latest version of v1.0 and v1.5.

V1.0 GPS has been reported to work using Waze.

V1.5 has the latest firmware. We’ll explain about that in a bit.

We shipped out last Friday so the tester units should be arriving within the next week or so.

Thanks!

rhpmorgan
    Participant

I did receive a 1.0 unit, but I did not sign up to be a tester and I did pay the extra for a ceramic antenna with version 1.5. After reading the last post I decided to try the 1.0 unit that was sent to me and I assure you that the GPS does NOT work in my area of Georgia, USA.

jerwam
    Participant

Hi Tommy, I’ll second the RHPMorgan, the GPS on the v1 device doesn’t work. It never has for me, at least not here in Canada. The v1.5 device I have does work, and I am not sure if it has the ceramic antenna, can you confirm? I’d assume not since you just started advertising the upgrade.

Can you let us know what the ceramic antenna is supposed to do?

Space_Bison
    Participant

Hi Tommy. This is to confirm that I have just received your tester today. Will start my testing, here in Western Canada, ASAP.

As an aside to RHPMorgan & Jerwam, the V1.0 device I had never had a working “standalone” GPS. Only way it worked for me was via the CarDongle App and my phones GPS. Speaking of phones I will be testing this V1.5 with a newer Realme 8 and then an older Huawei P30 Pro.

Thanks

Space_Bison
    Participant

Hi Tommy. Well have to report bad news…..neither of my vehicles see V1.5 as a “smart phone” and so do not display anything but an error message telling me to connect a smart phone. I did manage to connect it to my laptop with Mirroid, where I ran through the setup stuff, like connecting to my phone(s) hotspot and Bluetooth tethering. Also setup a throwaway Google account to install some apps to allow me to access CD’s Developer settings.

Anyway, I checked back through my old forum posts to see what I did to set up V1.0 for my cars. Tried all those settings and still the device does not work in my vehicles.

Jerwan, did you do anything special with your tester to get it setup?

Space_Bison
    Participant

I should also report that I’m getting frequent error dialogue boxes while running the v1.5 in Mirroid. Box says State Manager has stopped. Box also lists “app Info”! and Close App as user input choices. Most times it just disappears without my intervention.

The tester CD I received has OS 2.3.05 and SW 1.3.9.

AP756
    Participant

Thank you for you report(s). I’m still waiting, the sample announced is still with customs…

Bye for now Fred

Space_Bison
    Participant

Well, things are equally dim today. Installed, via Mirroid, the Free Car Launcher as Jerwan had indicated he did. Set the CD to auto-start Android Auto and then tried the device with new launcher in my car. A Big Fail.

The car, a 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, still does not see the CD as a smart phone. Going to try a factory reset on the CD to see if that changes anything.

So far the only good thing to report is that GPS Test app in Mirroid reports it has access to satellites (30 in view 10 in use) as I type this. (Laptop is by my window….) So at least I can say that the GPS antenna is working with this V1.5 CD.

Space_Bison
    Participant

A factory reset (via software) did not help at all. For me at least the tester I received is not plug and play. Can’t do much testing if it won’t work in the car.

Tommy, what should I do with this tester?

Thanks

AP756
    Participant

Space_Bison, keep it and wait for a solution…

Bye for now Fred

Space_Bison
    Participant

Yah, Fred I think you’re right. I’ll hang on to it and maybe Tommy and the squad will have some ideas?

Todd

famaz
    Participant

Hi Tommy. This is to confirm that I have just received CD today (15 days to Italy). Will start testing ASAP.

Thanks

Tommy
    Keymaster

Hi @space_bison!

Can you please send a detailed report of the issues with photos and possibly video to dev@cardongle.co

Also, CC info@cardongle.co

We need to translate this feedback for our developers.

Thanks!

Space_Bison
    Participant

Hi Tommy. Do you want pictures of the black screen in the car with shots of the device installed into the USB port (flashing the blue ring or other wise) OR pictures of it working in a laptop with Mirroid? Should I also include screen prints of my phone(s) settings (I’ve tried it with a Huawei P30 Pro and a Realme 8).

Please advise, thanks.

jerwam
    Participant

Hello Space_Bison. In the car it always seems to work, but I run into issues with Mirroid from time to time. Windows 10 always sees it when plugged in, but Mirroid doesn’t seem to see it. I haven’t update the firmware, so the original one is still on there – but as it isn’t being seen by Mirroid right now, I can’t confirm what firmware that actually is. I can confirm that later, will just need to jump into my car.

How many testers received their v1.5 device? Of those how many are having issues connecting in the car? Any one having a similar issue to mine, car works but Mirroid doesn’t?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top