V1.0 & V1.5 Tester’s Thread – Testing GPS2021-08-27T03:25:43+00:00

Home Forum Forums Developer’s Section V1.0 & V1.5 Tester’s Thread – Testing GPS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks Jerwam. I think I recall from the spring go around with V1.0 we had to install some drivers so that Windows 10 Mirroid would work. I’m using the same laptop for this V1.5 as the old V1.0 so I believe my Mirroid app and drivers are still as installed back in February.

Have you changed Win10 machines or anything?

Todd

jerwam
    Participant

Nah, still the same machine. I did just try it in my Ford again, and now it is just boot looping. Nothing indicating Android Auto is ready to go. I’ve tried three Win10 PCs, all see the device as connected, but no action in Mirroid. Not sure what is happening, but can’t do much to fix it.

@Tommy – when will a firmware be released for the v1.5 devices that we can update too? Hopefully soon.

Janaboy
    Participant

Did you send the details via e-mail as Tommy requested?

Janaboy
    Participant

Any news from the other testers?
    Would be great to speed up the testing.

AP756
    Participant

@Janaboy, totally agree. Speeding up would be fine. Unfortunately the samples CarDongle announced are still with customs (I believe) and didn’t show up. Using free tracking tools doesn’t help either: You get any possible answer between “customs” and “returned to sender”. It’s crazy…

Bye for now Fred

Space_Bison
    Participant

Janaboy, still waiting for Tommy to specify what he wants video’s/photos of. Most of the details I have already posted here.

Space_Bison
    Participant

Lest I appear to be holding up the works I have emailed some information, including 2 zip files full of pictures (device working in Mirroid & not working in vehicle, device & phone settings) to the developers at CD. Below is the verbiage from the email.

****************************************************************************************************************
    Hi. I have been asked by Forum Moderator Tommy to send you details of what I have experienced with my V1.5 tester. I am Forum User Space_Bison.

• Neither of my 2 vehicles see V1.5 as a “smart phone” and so do not display anything onscreen but an error message telling me to connect a smart phone. (2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and RVR)
    • When in the cars, the blue ring flashes and then stays blue, then repeats.
    • I did manage to connect the device to my laptop with Mirroid, where I ran through the setup stuff, like connecting to my phone(s) hotspot and enabled Bluetooth tethering on my phone(s). (Huawei P30 Pro and Realme 8)
    • In Mirroid, I should also report that I’m getting frequent error dialogue boxes while running the v1.5. Error Dialogue Box says “State Manager has stopped”. Dialogue box also lists “app Info”! and “Close App” as user input choices. Most times it just disappears without my intervention.
    • In Mirroid, the GPS Test app has reported it has access to satellites. So, it appears that the GPS antenna is working with this V1.5 tester unit.
    • I have tried a factory reset (via CD device software) which did not help at all. Cars still do not see the device as a smart phone.

See the attached zip files for photos. One file contains pictures of v1.5 working in Mirroid and the other contains pictures of it not working in the vehicle.

Thanks
    ********************************************************************************************************************

Space_Bison
    Participant

Well, my email was rejected due a “552 DATA size exceeds maximum permitted” issue. I have since made the 2 zip files available to the CD people via Google Drive.

If you forum folks want to look at the pics also I can post the links here as well.

jerwam
    Participant

I had the first v1.5 device, and already posted most of my findings in the thread I created. I can’t do anything with the device now, it doesn’t work in any of my PCs, where the v1 device still works, and it doesn’t work in the car, where the v1 device does. Of course the v1 device doesn’t have any access to satellites, so unfortunately, until there is an updated firmware for the v1.5 device, it has now joined the v1 device in my desk drawer.

I am hoping there is a firmware release soon. I noticed they mentioned issues with the firmware on the v1.5 device in their last update… no word on when those will be fixed.

“As with any new product, there seems to be a hiccup in the firmware. We’ll have to see what was changed in the latest firmware as the first sample unit we shipped to be tested worked perfectly.”

Their statement is technically true, as it did work for awhile, until recently.

jerwam
    Participant

I was able to get a firmware out of them for the v1.5 devices, and after a little touch and go with the Flash Tool, I was able to get it properly flashed and so far, things are good

@Space_Bison
    – are you still waiting for the new firmware, or did they already send that to you? Mine is now running 2.3.05 – not sure what yours has. So far no issues with popups advising things have failed in Mirroid, and the car picked it up properly.

At first my Ford was stuck on a screen mentioning something like “waiting for phone, check your phone to continue” and all I needed to do is unplug the CD device, give it a few, my Ford found it, and I was able to go through the setup of it.

jerwam
    Participant

Well, spoke too soon. Now it is in a loop trying to update Google Play Services. It sees it needs the update, it downloads it, gets to 99% of the install, and then craps out. I’ll let the CD team know and see what they suggest.

AP756
    Participant

Jerwam, I believe these services are integrated in ROM and can’t be changed without flashing an updated firmware. Unfortunately my samples are still with the forwarder/customs/lost in transfer…

For the time being de-install using your PC and it should be running again (as long as you avoid updating)

Bye for now Fred

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by AP756.
    Space_Bison
    Participant

Jerwam, the tester CD I received has OS 2.3.05 (firmware) and SW 1.3.9. They have not indicated anything to me about newer firmware.

Unfortunately I am also starting to believe that Abbott and Costello are alive and well……

jerwam
    Participant

Oh, I was half expecting your unit to be on an older version of the firmware. Was hoping that with a new firmware things would work out better for you.

AP756; Yeah I remembered the different popups with the v1 device I’d get, the funny thing is none of the pre-installed apps show up in the Google Play for updates. I installed my launcher on it, and that shows properly, but I guess the pre-installed ones are still “hacked” versions of the app that allow it to run on the CD device. I’m just happy it seems to be back to life. Hopefully this time around it doesn’t die again. No real reason on what happened that I can see, it just sat in my drawer for weeks and just wouldn’t function again.

Tommy
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback Jeremy and Todd.

We’ll try and see if we can pinpoint the issue.

The first unit was working fine for several months.

The 2nd batch protoype(newer firmware) only works on Mirroid.

There are still a few more units yet to deliver.

One is in Germany so hopefully their customs releases it soon.

Thanks guys and we’ll see what our developers can do!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top