- chrisstavrouParticipantMarch 7, 2021 at 11:07 amPost count: 19
below are my observations when using my CD (4GB , 8 core) in XC40:
- Recognized properly as Android Auto by Sensus head unit.
- Touch screen works nicely without any special lag.
- No real interaction with the phone. I am not sure why the Bluetooth tethering is needed but it seems to work without it (unless i am missing something).
- Head unit seems to be keep the Bluetooth connection with the phone (Samsung S10) and the icon of Bluetooth is shown on the head unit.
- Using the phone app on the head unit shows ‘Connected to Android Auto’ so no phone calls can be made from the phone app of the head unit.
- However, phone calls can be made by using the steering controls after selecting from the dashboard menu*.
- Also phone calls can be answered by using the steering controls*.
- Speakers and mic of the car are used for the phone calls*.
- Sensus Assistant can be used to make calls.
*Just like when using Bluetooth connectivity between phone and head unit.
- Using the messages app on the head unit shows “SMS service unavailable. Message disabled for the connected device.”
- No incoming SMS text can be displayed on the car dashboard.
- It seems head unit tries to use CD for Text and not the Bluetooth connectivity.
- Sensus navigation seems to function even though its connected to CD and displayed on both head unit and dashboard the map. (Something that i was not expecting but its a welcome surprise)
- Sensus assistant can be activated with the steering controls and perform the relevant actions.
- Works nicely on CD, a bit of a lag to start but after that it recognizes the commands and speaks through the car speakers.
- I am not sure but it seems its using the car mics ! (another very welcome surprise). I will confirm this once i get a USB extension cable.
These are links to some photos I took while doing my testing.
I am sure in time after fixing some known problems like GPS etc. CD will be a perfect upgrade of the car.
Hope you enjoy CD as much as i do.
ChrislumaconeParticipantMarch 8, 2021 at 6:31 amPost count: 6
Hai potuto provare con una interfaccia OBD e vedere se funziona come monitor dei parametri dell’auto che non ci sono sul cruscotto (esempio: temperatura acqua)?
lumaconelumaconeParticipantMarch 8, 2021 at 9:58 amPost count: 6
Have you been able to test with an OBD2 interface and see if it works as a monitor (with an appropriate App like “Torque”) of car parameters that are not on the dashboard of XC40 (like for example: water temperature)?
chrisstavrouParticipantMarch 12, 2021 at 4:55 amPost count: 19
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by lumacone.
Seems I misplaced my obd toggle so I was not able to test it.
I will check and revert back as soon as I find it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.