Volvo XC40 (2019)2021-03-07T11:11:23+00:00

Home Forum Forums Compatibility Volvo XC40 (2019)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,
    below are my observations when using my CD (4GB , 8 core) in XC40:

General

Recognized properly as Android Auto by Sensus head unit.
      Touch screen works nicely without any special lag.
      No real interaction with the phone. I am not sure why the Bluetooth tethering is needed but it seems to work without it (unless i am missing something).
      Head unit seems to be keep the Bluetooth connection with the phone (Samsung S10) and the icon of Bluetooth is shown on the head unit.

Calls

Using the phone app on the head unit shows ‘Connected to Android Auto’ so no phone calls can be made from the phone app of the head unit.
      However, phone calls can be made by using the steering controls after selecting from the dashboard menu*.
      Also phone calls can be answered by using the steering controls*.
      Speakers and mic of the car are used for the phone calls*.
      Sensus Assistant can be used to make calls.

*Just like when using Bluetooth connectivity between phone and head unit.

Text

Using the messages app on the head unit shows “SMS service unavailable. Message disabled for the connected device.”
      No incoming SMS text can be displayed on the car dashboard.
      It seems head unit tries to use CD for Text and not the Bluetooth connectivity.

Sensus Navigation

Sensus navigation seems to function even though its connected to CD and displayed on both head unit and dashboard the map. (Something that i was not expecting but its a welcome surprise)

Sensus Assistant

Sensus assistant can be activated with the steering controls and perform the relevant actions.

Google Assistant

Works nicely on CD, a bit of a lag to start but after that it recognizes the commands and speaks through the car speakers.
      I am not sure but it seems its using the car mics ! (another very welcome surprise). I will confirm this once i get a USB extension cable.

These are links to some photos I took while doing my testing.
    CarDongle Pics

I am sure in time after fixing some known problems like GPS etc. CD will be a perfect upgrade of the car.

Hope you enjoy CD as much as i do.

Cheers
    Chris

lumacone
    Participant

Grazie Chris!
    Hai potuto provare con una interfaccia OBD e vedere se funziona come monitor dei parametri dell’auto che non ci sono sul cruscotto (esempio: temperatura acqua)?
    lumacone

lumacone
    Participant

Thanks Chris!
    Have you been able to test with an OBD2 interface and see if it works as a monitor (with an appropriate App like “Torque”) of car parameters that are not on the dashboard of XC40 (like for example: water temperature)?
    lumacone

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by lumacone.
    chrisstavrou
    Participant

Hi lumacone,
    Seems I misplaced my obd toggle so I was not able to test it.

I will check and revert back as soon as I find it.

chrisstavrou
    Participant

Can not find my OBD toggle so I can’t say about it.

However it works nicely with some Bluetooth lights for the interior of the car.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top