Wont work the 2nd time using it2021-02-20T05:05:58+00:00

Home Forum Forums Troubleshooting Wont work the 2nd time using it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I received my car dongle today and it worked perfectly the first time i used it. I set it up and everything. But when i tried using it a couple hours later it wont load anymore. It keeps saying android auto loading on my cars head unit. I pressed the Android auto button on my radio and that doesnt seem to fix anything. How do i reset it or what can i do to fix this? I dont get why it worked the first time and now it wont. Seems like the car dongle program got corrupted by plugging it into the car. Is that a thing??? Seems like the people on indiegogo who got theirs is having the same issue. Please help us!!!

Tommy
    Keymaster

Could please try the following:

1) CarDongle only auto starts the first time plugging in. 2nd time, you will need to press the Android Auto button on your stereo’s interface. Kind of like in this video (@0:23): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqjhp2dvuec&t=16s
    2) unplug the unit. restart car, plug CarDongle unit back in

Tommy
    Keymaster

Could please try the following:

1) CarDongle only auto starts the first time plugging in. 2nd time, you will need to press the Android Auto button on your stereo’s interface. Kind of like in this video (@0:23): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqjhp2dvuec&t=16s
    2) unplug the unit. restart car, plug CarDongle unit back in

Tommy
    Keymaster

Also, can you confirm what color the light is?

We’ll have our engineers check if this is an issue when they return from the holiday on Monday.

Thanks!

Hockey_mike15
    Participant

The color of the light is a solid blue just like how it was when it worked the first time. I tried pressing the Android auto on my radio unplug it and then started my car again and it didnt work. It seems like a bunch of people on indiegogo are having the same issue so it looks like a software issue or something like it gets corrupted once its plugged into the car

Hockey_mike15
    Participant

Everyone is having the exact same issue on indiegogo who got theirs. Are you sure its not a software issue?

Tommy
    Keymaster

Okay, thanks for the feedback!

We’ll have a our firmware team have a look at it when they return on Monday.

Have a good weekend!

Tommy
    Keymaster

if you connect the CarDongle to your windows PC (via USB), you can reset the unit. We will make a tutorial on Monday.

Tommy
    Keymaster

Thanks @Dandin Tito! — “Many thanks. I managed to use Mirriod to re-enable Auto Start. It now works again, here’s a quick video for those interested https://youtu.be/C_boh6huMjE”

dandin
    Participant

Here’s another video Tommy

Here’s a short video from cold boot – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP2KmaYgHws

dandin
    Participant

Just like everyone, I had issues trying to use the unit after my first initial setup.

I’m not actually sure what I did to fix it but I used Mirroid to play with the settings on the CarDroid.

You’ll need Mirroid and MT65xx Preload Auto-Driver (links below). Mirroid will allow you to plug the CarDriod into your PC and use it as if your PC was your headunit.

Here are the things I changed/played around with.
    – I re-established Bluetooth with my car headunit. Deleted and Added my car headunit to Bluetooth (using a Bluetooth app I downloaded from Play Store)
    – I enabled Developer Settings (using a Settings app I downloaded from the Play Store)
    – I changed USB connection type to MTP
    – I disabled USB Debugging (you will loose connection to your PC as soon as you do this). The unit will always boot with USB Debugging on

peacock93
    Participant

I was having the same issue on using the 2nd time. I installed Mirroid on my PC and CarDongle booted up without any issues. I updated all of the apps and installed a few I wanted to use. I also logged into all of my apps so I wouldn’t have to do it in my Durango.

So, when I tried it in my Durango again it worked fine. I’m having a few other issues but I’ll start a new thread for those.

Thanks Dandin for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Hockey_mike15
    Participant

Dandi i dont see any of the links you said you posted. Can you please list the apps you used in your process

Hockey_mike15
    Participant

Peacock did you do step by step what dandin mentioned and it worked?

tkbay
    Participant

google mirriod and it will be the first link to download and it will launch cardroid for you when you plug in the drive to the PC after that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top